We are seeking a Director to lead Toptal’s Enterprise Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance Account Management team to service, expand, and retain high-value clients across the enterprise landscape. They will guide, coach, and develop experienced Client Partners to help them reach their peak potential and set strategies that will ensure each customer is poised for success. They should be an extraordinarily creative, well-organized leader with a history of building and scaling high-performing delivery and account management functions supporting enterprise business in the professional services space. We are looking for pioneers that don’t join companies to ride a wave, instead, they show up to make an impact and leave their mark. Our top performers “lead from the front” and help their team achieve shared goals to win as one. Are you up for the challenge?
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in North America. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
You will partner with Toptal’s Head of Account Management to evaluate and evolve the team’s short-, medium-, and long-term strategy for establishing Toptal as the leading provider of professional services in the Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance space. You’ll regularly meet with team members to review activity, guide further direction on target client portfolios, evaluate performance against goals, and develop coaching plans to ensure their success. It will be imperative to build deep and productive relationships with the cross-functional teams responsible for client delivery, ensuring cohesive partnerships, and timely pairing of resources with the needs of our clients. As a hands-on leader, you’ll be in the field building, maintaining, and growing C-level relationships with key executives within your team’s portfolio.
In the first week, expect to:
- Integrate into Toptal via our comprehensive, remote onboarding program.
- Rapidly begin learning about Toptal’s history, culture, and vision.
- Immerse yourself in the systems, processes, and tools that we utilize on a day-to-day basis.
- Shadow essential teams across Toptal to learn the core of our operations and capabilities.
In the first month, expect to:
- Meet 1-1 with Client Partners within your region to develop a comprehensive understanding of our enterprise client lifecycle, including new sales, delivery, relationship management, and account growth.
- Virtually attend client meetings to gain an insight into why clients choose Toptal, how they use our services, and identify key characteristics that signify a healthy account.
- Learn the business plan for your region and work with leadership to develop and revise the strategy as necessary.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Establish a working cadence with partners and your team members.
- Continue to craft and execute a regional strategy, including progress on target clients, financial projections, and hiring plans.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Assist Client Partners in establishing a base of new clients that will serve as the foundation for future growth.
- Work with your team to expand the scope of engagement(s) at existing accounts in your region, introducing new capabilities and offerings to your clients, while also increasing the scale of Toptal’s involvement at your team’s accounts.
In the first year, expect to:
- Have built a strong, high-performing region with incredible client accounts and a track record of successful delivery, satisfied clients, and positively engaged team members.
- Have built the foundation for an elite, high-performing team, while continuing to grow your region’s portfolio.
- Spent 5+ years in a leadership role that has elevated the performance of Enterprise Client Partners/Account Managers within a technology-focused, high-performing professional services organization.
- Deep understanding of enterprise accounts within the Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance sectors.
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills with a proven ability to craft and support creative solutions rooted in data.
- Growth-driver, self-starter, and passionate about innovation. Thrives when given freedom and accountability to lead a business unit under the strategy they set.
- Understands our mission and will do the work required to drive the team to that goal, without being told. Not reactive, but anticipates roadblocks, and thinks several steps ahead of a problem.
- Polished communicator that is able to form strong relationships both internal and external to Toptal despite our distributed workforce model.
- Collaborator. You are a force-multiplier and can deftly build and lead a team of high powered contributors.