Tilson is a high growth team of driven professionals with a national practice. We are on a mission to build America’s information infrastructure. We accomplish this with a team of experts working collaboratively on meaningful, impactful projects for great clients. Our team environment fosters intellectual curiosity, motivates employees, and cultivates talented people who work with purpose, mastery and autonomy. We strive to listen to our clients, partner with them as a team, and accept their goals as our own.
Tilson has been recognized on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the U.S. for eight years in a row. Tilson is seeking an experienced and dedicated leader to oversee the strategy and operations of one of Tilson largest and fastest growing business units. The Director of Engineering plays a vital role in Tilson’s leadership team overseeing 250+ employees who are geographically diverse across the lower 48 states and who work across a multitude of telecom infrastructure design build projects. This position oversees two engineering hub locations that support all of Tilson’s engineering activities, Portland, ME and Salt Lake City, UT. This position acts as the leader of our service centers to ensure proper resourcing, on time delivery to our customers and quality of work standards.
- Development and implementation of overall strategy for the engineering division, including both short term and long term strategic goals and initiatives.
- Overall accountability, leadership and management of a 250+ person team with growth goals of 30%-50% year over year.
- Lead, coach and develop business line leaders and staff. Accountable for the organization of the team to support growth and customer delivery.
- Responsible for the safety, operations, innovation, quality and delivery of engineering services to customers nationwide.
- Responsible for jointly developing staffing plans, project budgets and resource plans with project management staff. Accountable for delivering on the engineering plan, on time and within budget.
- Develop yearly, monthly and project-based forecasts and measure success against forecast. Deploy solutions to ensure budgets and forecasts are met and changes to forecasts are communicated timely.
- Develop project estimates with the team to support bids and business development activities.
- Evaluate overall workforce development strategy and work with VP of Workforce to ensure human resources, training and development plans align with growth objectives.
- Provide point of escalation for internal and external stakeholders and serve as the accountable escalation and decision maker.
- Responsible for customer success, including reporting, on time delivery and overall financial performance for all projects and teams.
- Development and implementation of KPI’s for each team including reporting metrics and framework for scalable operations.
- Work with peers and senior management to ensure development and implementation of processes and tools is aligned with yearly and long-term goals.
- Ensure efficient labor utilization within the organization and through cross practice resource sharing.
- Acts as a driver for innovation of both engineering best practices as well as a service delivery organization.
- Enhance, develop, and enforce policies and procedures; analyze established systems to improve overall operation and effectiveness.
- Evaluate the operations/administrative team structure and performance; provide effective management and leadership.
- This position manages a cost center budget and will be jointly accountable for the success of the P&L peer directors who manage the execution and delivery to their clients.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired in Engineering, Construction Management, or Business Administration. MBApreferred.
- Must have 8-10 years' experience in an executive leadership role managing report and diverse technical teams.
- Must have strong leadership and organizational development skills.
- Experience in an executive or leadership role within a large EPC firm or General Contractor, preferred.
- Proven experience driving growth and profitability in a high pace, technical field.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience in financial modeling with a focus on understanding the business behind the numbers.
- Willingness to work extended hours as needed, with 30-50% travel within the US.
- Proven record of working successfully with ambiguous information and limited direction.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Provide direct supervision and dotted line oversight to operations staff