$200K — $250K *
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.
General Summary Digital - Oversees definition, design, verification, and documentation for ASIC development for a variety of products. Determines architecture design, logic design, and system simulation. Defines module interfaces/formats for simulation. Evaluates all aspects of the process flow from high-level design to synthesis, place and route, and timing and power use. Analyzes equipment to establish operation data, conducts experimental tests, and evaluates results. Uses System tools, such as National Instrument (NI) products, LabVIEW, and MathWorks MATLAB, SIMULINK, VISIO and other toolboxes. Uses language such as HDL, C, PERL. Provides technical expertise for next generation initiatives. Analog - Oversees definition, design, verification, and documentation for ASIC development for a variety of products. Determines architecture design and circuit specifications based on system level requirements. Is actively involved in all aspects of the design from system definition/simulation to circuit design and simulation. Heavy involvement in overseeing layout and silicon evaluation is also expected. Uses design tools such as Cadence ADE, MathWorks MATLAB and others. Provides technical expertise for next generation initiatives. The responsibilities of this role include:
• Working independently with no supervision.
• Making decisions that are significant in impact, influencing overall program or project success, finances, and/or the ability to meet objectives; errors are not readily apparent due to the complexity of work process/product or time between decisions and results; errors typically result in significant expenditure of time, resources, and funds to correct.
• Using verbal and written communication skills to convey complex and/or detailed information to multiple individuals/audiences with differing knowledge levels. May require strong negotiation and influence, communication to large groups or high-level constituents.
• Responsible to ensure budgets, schedules, and performance standards for functional areas and organization are realistically set and attained. Erroneous decisions, failure to achieve objectives results in significant long-term impact on the company's overall success.
• Having a great degree of influence over key organizational decisions (e.g., is making or directly making key decisions that have substantial impact on the organization).
• Completing tasks that require multiple steps that can be performed in various orders; tasks require simultaneously executing multiple cognitive abilities and maintaining information in short- or long-term memory.
• Regularly determines what needs to be done and is involved with sharing innovative solutions to achieve broad policies and objectives.
• Working on abstract problems in variable situations that typically require complex analysis, interpretation, or evaluation of intangible factors. Directs the resolution of complex problems that have impact beyond own area. Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
• Develops, redesigns organizational strategies and provides overall direction for various functional areas and/or entire organization. Has influence over the formulation and achievement of long-term business plans and objectives.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
• Holds entire teams accountable for architecture and design tasks to ensure timely, on budget completion of project milestones.
• Secures appropriate resources, oversees the execution of the implementation strategy, and ensures that strategy is in line with product roadmap.
• Oversees the resolution of highly complex architecture, design, or verification problems and ensures resolutions fit within product Plan of Record and roadmap.
• Holds entire teams accountable for the design and verification strategies of ASICs, SoC, and IP cores to ensure all program, budgetary, and timing needs are met.
• Oversees the implementation of testing plans for multiple products and large teams and ensures test cases appropriately and fully address bugs and product needs.
• Holds entire teams accountable for identifying and prioritizing all possible issues related to power, achieve cross functional alignment for project goals, and ensures timely, on budget completion of project milestones.
• Oversees the prioritization of any obstacles for multiple programs identified in performance design verification and drives solutions to ensure there are no delays to project milestones.
• Drives innovation strategy while maintaining the best interest of customers and alignment to the product roadmap; influences standards.
• Drives the documentation requirements and cross functional consistency
• Identifies potential obstacles and serves as a technical lead by participating in cross-functional groups to ensure a feasible product execution path and communicates this path to team.
• Conducts design and/or project reviews and project meetings with cross-functional teams to ensure team alignment with organizational (e.g. business unit, department) strategy.
• Acts as a tech lead and an organizational lead to ensure multiple major programs are driven to completion (e.g. timely, on budget).
• Drives the development of new processes and continuous improvement to ensure alignment with product roadmap and other key stakeholders outside of engineering.
• Identifies technical opportunities or projects inside and outside of Qualcomm based on long-term organizational strategies and secures resources as necessary. Additional responsibilities might include:
• Defines and makes available process technology roadmap choices to meet product requirements.
• Holds entire teams accountable for foundry technology definition and development tasks to deliver competitive and timely products.
• Oversees Product ramp to deliver requisite Performance and Yield targets to maximize gross margin.
IT Core Competencies N/A
Required Competencies (All competencies below are required upon entry)
• Analytical Skills - The ability to collect information and identify fundamental patterns/trends in data. This includes the ability to gather, integrate, and interpret information from several sources.
• ASICs Engineering - The ability to define, design, verify, and document ASIC digital and analog product development. This includes being involved in all aspects of the process and using design or System tools as appropriate.
• Building Trusting Relationships - The ability to build trusting, collaborative relationships and rapport with different types of people and businesses. This includes delivering on commitments and maintaining confidential information, as well as being approachable, showing interest in the other person, and relating well to people regardless of personality or background.
• Communication - The ability to convey information clearly and accurately, as well as choosing the most effective method of delivery (e.g., email, phone, face-to-face). This includes using a technically sound communication style both verbally and in writing.
• Creating the New and Different - The ability to be creative. This includes the ability to produce breakthrough ideas, being a visionary, managing innovation, seeing multiple futures, having broad interests and knowledge, and gaining support in order to translate new ideas into solutions. This also includes the ability to plan and implement unconventional ideas and speculate about alternative futures without all of the data.
• Decision Making - The ability to make quick, accurate decisions. This includes the ability to weigh alternatives and take into account the impact of the decisions on people, equipment, or other resources.
• Getting Work Done - The ability to demonstrate resourcefulness and resilience in the face of change, obstacles, and adversity. This includes adapting to competing demands and shifting priorities. This also includes improving adaptability, pursuing new skills and knowledge, and regularly seeking feedback from others.
• Mentoring and Coaching - The ability to develop, coach, and mentor associates. This includes the ability to provide development experiences and network opportunities, advise, and teach to prepare associates for effective job performance.
• Project Management - The ability to use organizational skills for purposes of planning and decision-making. This includes developing and communicating objectives, timelines, assignments, and goals. This also includes the ability to scope projects, orchestrate multiple activities at once, and use resources efficiently across functional areas within the enterprise.
• Results Documentation - The ability to document test results across an entire platform, domain, or department. This includes understanding department-wide test cases to make sure systems are working properly, providing support to a larger team to debug complex errors, and reporting high-level results to senior leaders and stakeholders.
Additional Competencies N/A
• Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, or related field.
• 10+ years ASIC design, verification, or related work experience.
• 15+ years ASIC design, verification, or related work experience.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering.
• Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering.
• 4+ years experience with architecture and design tools.
• 4+ years experience with scripting tools and programming languages.
• 4+ years experience with design verification methods.
• 2+ years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with senior leadership (e.g., Vice President level and above).
• 2+ years working with operating budgets and/or project financials.
• Frequently transports between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile.
• Frequently transports and installs equipment up to 5 lbs.
• Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting).
• Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
• Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
Valid through: 12/21/2020