Description: Manages all area plant operations for the entire facility. Serves as point of contact for all internal and external issues related to physical plant, landscaping, grounds and construction project operations. This is a single incumbent position per facility.
- Manages the development and implementation of standards for plant operations, maintenance, and enhancement of work and member space, building, grounds and equipment. Identifies, implements, and evaluates best practices, including systems development and cost-effective operations standards. Focuses on prevention, intervention, and identification of issues/problems prior to their impact on operations, patient care and member/provider satisfaction.
- Ensures compliance with administrative, legal and regulatory requirements of governmental and accrediting agencies by actively participating in the development, implementation and evaluation of effective policies, standards, practices and procedures. Develops and revises standards for plant operations, landscaping and grounds maintenance as identified by regulatory agencies.
- Manages and resolves human resources, labor relations, employee and department safety and risk management issues. Coordinates local/state fire authority, OSHA, DOHS and JCAHO inspection visits involving facility or building concerns.
- Guides staff in their attainment of service, quality and cost objectives. Promulgates service programs, implementing performance standards for quality customer service.
- Directs and oversees the budgets. Identifies/implements strategies to reduce costs and improve services.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in facility management, construction administration, project management.
- Bachelor's degree in related Engineering discipline required or four (4) years of experience in directly related field.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated experience in the management of building systems and possess knowledge of advanced building engineering principles.
- Demonstrated understanding of environmental services practices in relation to staffing, infection control and aesthetic maintenance.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the application of various codes/standards managed by local, state and national regulatory agencies and JCAHO regulations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in health care or facilities services environment preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Certifications from ASHE, ASHES, AAE or IFMA preferred.
Job Number: 632508