Ladders is the leading $100K+ professional community. We focus on the careers, professional growth and office lifestyle of the top 25% of the workforce. With Ladders News, we provide the information and entertainment that our audience needs for lifelong career success, while Ladders Jobs is the largest source for $100K+ jobs in the US and Canada. Our mission is to "lead the leaders" -- our 10 million members represent the leading people in their companies, their communities, and their organizations.
If you're looking for a fast-paced, growth environment, with the chance for significant responsibility and career growth, we'd love to talk.
We're looking for a Director of Engineering to take charge of, lead, and inspire multiple agile teams.
We're also looking for someone who will provide technical leadership for our business leaders, and act as a bridge between them and engineers.
- You are primarily responsible for delivering software to Production without delays, removing any obstacles for your teams.
- You will be a technical leader, with enough credibility to influence and lead senior Engineers. You can dive into the code if needed.
- You will make your team technically better, you know when to not dive in and do it yourself.
- You will communicate clearly up to management, and back down to your teams, setting expectations and avoiding surprises.
- You will hire and retain engineering talent as needed.
- BS Computer Science or Engineering; MS preferred
- 8+ years experience, with 3+ years leading Engineering teams with 10+ engineers
- Hands-on experience as a software developer prior to entering Engineering management
- In-depth knowledge of software development methodologies, tools and techniques.