Who We Are & What We Do
As part of the Cox Automotive family, Inventory Software Solutions (ISS) is building a connected suite of software solutions and services to help automotive dealers thrive in today's competitive online environment. From vehicle inventory acquisition to vehicle merchandising and pricing to vehicle syndication to all of a dealer’s digital footprint.
Cox Automotive’s ISS team, HomeNet, based out of Exton, PA, is comprised of versatile, hardworking, and creative thinkers with diverse skill sets, who can adapt to the rapid changes in the automotive and technology industries. Our professionals are committed to changing the way people shop for and purchase vehicles through our connected digital software solutions.
We are looking for a passionate software engineering leader who can help evolve the HomeNet Inventory Software Solutions team to the next level. The Director is an Engineering leader who effectively guides and builds teams to be successful. The Director works closely with Engineering Leadership and key stakeholders across the company to execute the strategic priorities of the company, specifically in regards to the ISS project portfolio, and is responsible for ensuring the morale, productivity, and overall health of the scrum teams continues to improve over time.
The Director, Engineering will lead a group of teams located in Exton, PA. These teams are focused on the tools dealers use to merchandise and syndicate their inventory to hundreds of online destinations. These tools use a combination of AWS and on-prem. implementations in various languages to help dealers unique vehicle experiences to consumers. Our ISS team is highly dynamic and regularly solves new challenges through amazing technology, combined with deep domain understanding.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Manages a HomeNet, Exton, PA release train that contains 3-6 scrum teams.
- Overall responsibility for the engineering and architecture alignment of all solutions delivered within release train.
- Ensures that team organization, individual development, and communication are in line with the ISS and broader Cox Automotive vision. Builds Scrum and leadership teams that perform at a high level. Fosters inter-team collaboration and productivity.
- Implements, measures and reports on the execution strategy defined for the team. Execution includes delivery of planned work, with deliverables that meet company standards with respect to quality, scalability, and reliability. Effectively communicates with key stakeholders when either scope or timeline of projects require modification.
- Oversees engineering processes and ability to generate new processes to meet needs Works closely with senior leadership on continual process improvement and organizational change to support Agile values.
- Responsible for appropriately allocating teams to the highest value investments per business backlog and release planning. Formulate and communicate mitigation strategies for long running projects, or projects where risk is high.
- Tracks and measures project work and programs to assess overall success.
- Responsible for ensuring the program scrum teams’ overall morale and productivity continue to improve.
- Manages career progression for team members to include hiring, performance reviews, salary decisions, mentoring, and coaching.
- Partners with leadership on higher level ISS initiatives at the vAuto sister site located in Austin, TX.
- Allocates resources strategically and tactically by balancing the broader ISS lens with the locally supported business unit’s needs.
- Oversees budgeting for local team including: hardware to support projects, staffing, facilities and tools for software development.
- Responsible for local engineering brand awareness strategy and implementation as well as responsible for continuing to evolve culture of engineering team to drive Cox Automotive Engineering operating principles.
- Represents Cox Automotive & HomeNet in the local and regional community; building and fostering relationships used to promote community outreach, name & brand recognition, and talent acquisition.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Background and experience in Automotive a plus
- Experience leading teams through cloud adoption a plus
- 4+ years of technology and software engineering leadership experience in a complex and fast-paced business environment (ideally an agile environment) with exposure to a variety of technologies and solutions.
- 7+ years experience coding and delivering software as a team member
- Strong software engineering and software architecture skills
- Team player with excellent work habits and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must live in the Exton, PA area
- Must be willing to travel to secondary site in Austin, TX, as well as other Cox Automotive locations.
- Travel varies, but will be approximately 25%