at WellSky (View all jobs)CORP
Director of Engineering
Are you interested in changing the world of healthcare and human services? Do you want to workwith innovative web and mobile software applications with great impact on society? Can you provide smart ideas and experiments about what’s possible? Do you work hard to help others to achieve their best results? Do you want to be amazed, inspired and proud of your job every day? Come and show us what you’re made of.
WellSky, Inc. is a fast growing Top 100 Healthcare Software company. We design and build products that are inspiring and make a real impact in people’s lives. We have 1000+ employees across the US, UK and Netherlands. WellSky’s portfolio of solutions currently includes long-term services and supports, behavioral health, blood solutions, cellular therapy, home care, medication management, rehabilitation and respiratory therapy.
As the Director of Engineering you will lead one or more Engineering Managers and their teams and/or one or more full stack software development team that are responsible for the successful releases of one or more WPF and SaaS products. In addition to ensuring the software is developed, tested, and delivered with high quality, the Director of Engineering determines the technical strategy and roadmap for the assigned products or area of responsibility. The Director of Engineering may also provide hands-on guidance, coaching, and mentoring of Engineering Managers and developers as well as sources and manages overall staff to meet capacity needs.
Principal Functions of the Job
- Provide strategic and tactical direction to organization, leading development, tracking progress, and delivering high quality, successful results even when presented with very difficult requirements or objectives.
- Create, manage, and maintain a Technology Roadmap that supports the product(s) roadmap(s) and considers any dependencies and constraints including budget for area of responsibility. Create and present strategic proposals to executives, gaining approval for execution.
- Determine when fundamental shifts in architecture or design are required and propose new / modified architectures or designs to executives. Lead the development of new or enhancements of existing architectures.
- Define, maintain, and enforce delivery standards, development standards, and process standards across a development organization.
- Within WellSky standards and best practices, optimize development efficiency while improving proficiency, quality, and customer satisfaction for continuous improvement.
- Represent WellSky in customer meetings, resulting in an improved relationship.
- Manage through audits, security issues, legal reviews, etc.
- Manage 3rd party vendor relationships and licensing. Manage 3rd party contracting firm relationships.
- Participate in the training and/or mentoring programs as assigned or required.
- Adheres to the WellSky Values and supports a positive company's culture.
- Responds to the needs and requests of clients and WellSky management and staff in a professional and expedient manner.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems/Decision Sciences, Mathematics, Sciences, or other STEM related majors.
- Minimum 10 years work experience required in a Director of Engineering capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Previous experience with creation, management, and maintaining a Technology Roadmap that supports the product(s) roadmap(s) and considers any dependencies and constraints including budget for area of responsibility.
- Demonstrated experience in the principles, theories, techniques, and methodologies of architecture, design, and development in developing WPF and SaaS products.
- Experience in these technologies preferred: AWS, .NET Core, Angular 5, Docker
- Experience in negotiating 3rd party vendor licensing, striving for cost savings. Able to manage and maintain the licensing and support.
- Able to provide strategic leadership to managers as well as individual employees.
- Able to collaboratively work with diverse groups to provide strong solutions to complex problems
- Outstanding communication with all levels of employee in all disciplines
- Excellent troubleshooting, listening and problem-solving skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment
- Customer focused
- Works well in a team environment
We're looking for talented individuals who want to use their skills to build a strong, technology-driven company. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, a new Health Savings Account with a generous employer contribution and a casual and fun environment that encourages quality, creativity and excellence. Enjoy all we have to offer.