Provides direction and consultation to hotel engineering departments on new and existing Hotel Engineering Standards and Procedures, Fire, Life & Safety and environmental issues to ensure ongoing compliance with IHG standards and specifications.Provides engineering input/advice in the due diligence process on potential new/conversion and/or renovation of existing hotels and conducts pre-opening reviews relative to IHG standards and specifications of same. Provides advice and direction to owners and consultant teams on IHG Engineering standards and procedures for new build hotel projects. Provides advice, direction and management on all energy management and engineering initiatives, analyses and recommendations for all capital projects.
- Provide engineering, maintenance direction and consultation and training to operating owned/leased and managed properties (where required) to ensure compliance with IHG standards and procedures.
- Conducts site visits of owned/leased hotels on an as needed basis, to review engineering operations. The reviews would cover assessment of performance of Chief Engineers relative to IHG requirements, review of IHG core programs, review of energy conservation, operational and administrative functions, required fire life safety systems, review of budgets and operational benefits.
- Prepare engineering services briefs for Consultants on new projects and review and comment on consultants' designs in terms of economy, appropriateness in design, budget and operational issues.
- Ensure new hotel designs are benchmarked and optimized for energy efficiency including compliance with global energy and environmental initiatives. Actively seeks out new technologies geared to reduce energy consumption.
- Attends meetings for new developments and existing hotel management to determine the extent that energy efficient designs are being implemented and recommends design enhancements to improve the energy efficiency of the hotel design.
- Actively seeks out new technologies geared to reduce energy consumption and analyses new hotel developments and existing hotels for energy saving opportunities, efficiencies and design enhancements and advises owners and consultants on energy efficient design.
- Manages the energy consumption data for the region and develops and analyses reports and meaningful metrics to determine appropriate energy management actions and disseminates feedback to the region on a regular basis and monitors improvements.
- Develops new strategies to reduce energy consumption in owned and managed hotels.
- Develops energy saving initiatives and distributes to the region.
- Educates hotel engineers on energy efficient actions and practices.
- Develops energy saving ROI projects within owned and managed hotels.
- Encourages implementation of environmental programs into hotels standards and supports implementation process.
- Assist with the establishment, guidance and direction of energy and water saving committees within hotels on a limited basis.