Why is This a Great Opportunity?
The Director of Engineering will be managing large capital projects for an 800 employee natural and organic agricultural fresh produce CPG complex located 40 minutes south of San Jose, CA. Ideal candidate comes from the Fresh Cut Produce (veggies) Food & Beverage CPG industry with CapEx maintenance and facilities experience.
Looking for a technical hands on Director of Engineering.
The Director, Engineering has the primary responsibility for leading major projects with primary focus on CapEx spending control and meeting timelines while achieving the desired scope for critical initiatives. This is a leadership role in a cross-functional team environment, this position will partner with manufacturing, finance, quality assurance, purchasing, safety, R&D and other departments in order to coordinate all phases of engineering. This position will also oversee the maintenance team. The individual in this role must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment (removing the language around long hours/weekends as that is understood with fast paced).Some travel is also required.
- Work with key business partners (e.g. Facilities, Production, Food Safety, Manufacturing, Packaging, Distribution, IT, Quality Assurance, etc.) to lead engineering and maintenance activities, prioritize facility needs and create a forward looking, sustainable engineering and maintenance programs.
- Lead strategic capital projects such as plant expansion, utility system upgrade, production line addition, processing system upgrades, etc.
- ?Strong engineering skills and mechanical/electrical aptitude.
- Understanding of building codes, regulatory issues at all governing levels, compliance codes relative to EPA, OSHA, ADA, and NFPA.
- BS degree in engineering
- 10 years engineering project management experience from Fresh Cut Produce CPG beverage/food manufacturing
- Corporate engineering leadership experience
- Experienced in capital project management and implementation
- A deep knowledge and understanding of continuous improvement tools and lean manufacturing.
- Demonstrated history of reliably fulfilling obligations and delivering quality results.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.Must be US Citizen