A key engineering leadership position responsible for leading development of Polaris' In Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) systems, displays and gauges at the Polaris Battle Ground, Washington location. This leader will lead both Mechanical and Electrical Hardware, Regulatory, Program Management and Technology for these key sub systems and products. This team works together closely with the Digital Design & Experience team and the Global Software/ Firmware team to produce a seamless user experience across each of the customer touch points of the Polaris Ride Command system. In addition, this team engages nearly all of Polaris' product lines including Off-Road Vehicles, Snow, Motorcycle, Slingshot, Commercial, Government & Defense and Parts, Garments & Accessories. The position reports directly to the Vice President of Polaris' Connected, Electrical and Software (CES) team.
- Lead mechanical and electrical hardware engineering on In Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) systems, displays and gauges
- Lead Regulatory certifications and maintenance on key aspects of Polaris display technology
- Direct technology pre-development activities to stay ahead of competition. Anticipate and exceed customer needs.
- Key contributor to product and technology roadmaps
- Lead the collection and management of hardware and regulatory system level functional requirements.
- Ensure programs meet design requirements and are delivered on schedule and budget.
- Anticipate technical, schedule and cost risks, implement countermeasures and plans to achieve.
- Defines, creates and implements diagnostics, plans to debug and resolve issues.
- Attract, develop and retain a competent and engaged engineering staff.
- Estimate scope of work, cost and schedule of key development programs while offering high value and ability to hit Say:Do ratio.
- Collaborate and direct third-party development staff as appropriate
- Provide onsite engineering support to the production line as needed
- Key contributor to monthly Product Development Councils (PDCs) charted with strategic planning
- Build positive team environment with high engagement and team effectiveness across multiple locations.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Computer Science required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Demonstrated competency (10 years) running/directing hardware teams ideally developing embedded systems
- Demonstrated competency in high-level hardware architecture for embedded systems
- Experience in program management and launch.
- Highly effective communicator.
- Demonstrated success is collaborating, communicating and developing partnerships across multiple sites
- Willing to travel to multiple locations.
US - Battle Ground, WA
Master's Degree or MBA Preferred
Years of Experience Required
10+ Years Experience