Responsible for the daily operation of the Engineering department. Lead, and manage procedures, policies, goals and objectives based on organizational needs, in the areas of daily operations and long- and short-term planning for Engineering & Maintenance, Construction Management, and Building Safety. Advises Senior Management members on issues or projects as assigned, and provides operational and financial interpretation, analysis, and recommendations. Directly and/or through subordinate leaders, leads and manages personnel, prepares and monitors operating and capital budgets, quality assurance, staffing levels, and goal and objective attainment. Oversees regulatory compliance measures and accreditation.
- Work requires a level of knowledge that is equivalent to that which would generally be acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management or related field and experience.
- Knowledge of all systems and procedures used in Construction, Plant Operations and Maintenance at a level generally acquired during five to seven years of progressively more responsibleexperience, with experience in a hospital or medical center setting required.
- Requires a working knowledge of all construction assemblies, procedures of in-place products, systems, components required of all divisions, and all crafts.
- Previous supervisory and/or managerial work experience in order to represent Bon Secours Health System to outside agencies required.
- Must be eligible for and earn within three years the Operations & Performance Management Professional (OPMP) Designation from the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Certificate (ASHRAC). Designation will be maintained through the attainment of continuing education units for the duration of employment.