Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - a Fortune 100 Company!The Company
Liberty Mutual Investments (LMI) manages Liberty Mutual Insurance Group's (LMIG) global financial assets across global and private domains to build capital and generate income. With over $80 billion in AUM and staffed with 250-plus investment, finance and operations professionals located in Boston, MA, we offer the best of both worlds - the look and feel of a boutique investment firm and the reputation and financial strength of a global leader.
LMI has been on a transformation path to spur innovation, capitalize on deep expertise and scale its returns on long-term flexible capital through a "one firm, one portfolio, one team" mindset. Our operating model is built on three pillars: centralized portfolio construction, asset management and investment-enabling services. The teams are structured as Investment business units (IBUs) working in concert: Strategy & Asset Allocation, Risk Management, Global Fixed Income, Global Partnerships & Innovation and Investment Enabling Services (IES). Our portfolio spans a broad spectrum of public and private asset classes, and we are committed to expanding our capabilities and our toolkit in furtherance of our mission.
LMIG is proud to be recognized for a second time in 2019 as a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune magazine and as a Great Place to Work.Responsibilities
- Work as senior member of the Energy Transition & Infrastructure ("ET&I") team within Global Partnerships & Innovation to drive the research, analysis, and evaluation of a variety of private equity and debt investment opportunities
- Active participation on the ET&I leadership team that is responsible for investment strategy, origination and execution of new opportunities, portfolio management and the pursuit of emerging themes across the energy transition and infrastructure landscape
- Identify, structure and execute direct and indirect private equity and debt investments up and down the capital stack and across sectors and geographies
- Responsible for all steps of the investment process including due diligence, preparation and presentation of investment committee materials to senior leadership across LMI
- Drive robust relative value discussions across the organization and seek to generate optimal risk-adjusted returns for the overall portfolio
- Work closely with Legal, Finance, Accounting and risk management to execute transactions and manage portfolio
- Promote culture of collaboration and be willing to work cross-functionally to add value across the organization
- Pursue the development of technology, data and analytics needed to support the role
Primary Location: Boston, MA
Salary: USD $0.00/Yr.-USD $0.00/Yr.
Travel: As Needed
- 10+ years of investing experience in the energy transition and infrastructure space
- Proven investment track record with experience overseeing and approving a range of private equity and / or credit investments including funds, co-investments and secondaries
- Experience in portfolio construction and asset management with a focus on risk management, acquisitions, and divestitures
- Extensive network of sponsors and managers across investment types and geographies
- Experience working from initial business plan review through execution
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work across business units (finance, accounting, operations risk management, public/private markets)
- Possess exceptional communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- High-performing team player with a willingness to be flexible and take on additional responsibilities depending on the needs of the business
- MBA or CFA preferred
Featured BenefitsHere's some of what you can look forward to as one of our employees.
Competitive CompensationOur compensation programs are designed to deliver above-market pay if you perform well, and significantly above that for exceptional performance over time. Virtually every employee is eligible for some type of variable incentive pay in addition to his or her base pay.
Flexible Work ArrangementsWe understand the role work-life balance plays in your ability to stay energized and engaged. So we place an emphasis on regular hours, flex scheduling, and generous time off through paid holidays, vacation days, and more.
Top-Notch Retirement PlansOur pension plan provides a monthly credit equal to 5% of your eligible compensation. You can also participate in our 401(k) plan, which offers a guaranteed match of $0.50 for every $1 you contribute, up to 8% of your eligible pay.
Career DevelopmentFrom regular coaching planning, to paid training, licensing, and 100% tuition reimbursement for approved courses, we're dedicated to your continued growth, because we know it leads to continued success.
Health & WellnessYou'll have access to comprehensive health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as a host of other insurance and wellness benefits-including progressive parental benefits and support.
See Full Benefits
Why Liberty Mutual?
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to Work" by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates-as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion.
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.