Director - Energy Cloud Customer Experience Strategy Lead
Less than 5 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
In our Energy Practice, we understand that the energy landscape is evolving. Emerging technologies and societal demand promise to reshape not only the energy we use, but also how we use it. Navigant collaborates with energy industry clients to help them build, manage, and protect their business’ value. We help our clients anticipate where the energy industry is headed and how they can improve performance, grow, and address consumer and regulatory demands.
Our experts’ unparalleled depth of industry experience provides insight into business models, regulatory processes, pricing, supply and demand
dynamics, market design, fuel sourcing, financing, technologies, and operations. The breadth of our industry knowledge offers a full range of solution offerings, from insights to strategy and on to
implementation. We provide sustainable results to help our clients thrive in an ever-changing environment.
We are seeking a Director to join our Energy Practice to drive growth to lead our Utility Customer Experience practice area. This Director would identify ways to partner with utility clients to better
understand evolving customer expectations and improve the broader customer experience. These engagements will help our utility clients improve customer satisfaction, increase customer engagement, strengthen brand loyalty, enhance customer service offerings, and develop more
efficient business processes.
Navigant has identified Utility Customer Experience as a priority area for growth. This role will be at the helm of that effort. We will rely heavily on this person to develop and execute a business plan to enter
and grow this market. Success in this position will depend on the Director’s ability to integrate with and leverage existing client relationships and to build new relationships in the parts of utilities that address customer engagement issues directly. This role will also involve staff development and thought leadership.
Our team members manage their own tasks and schedules while carrying out business and technical analyses to deliver high quality client work. This position will lead complex projects while at the same time serving as part of a close-knit team. Also, our consultants must demonstrate considerable business acumen and focus on maximizing client value.
Key responsibilities include:
- Engages with potential clients to understand their key challenges and needs
- Identifies, advances, and closes on sales opportunities at new and existing clients
- Pursues opportunities for holistic offerings through team/cross-practice collaboration
- Defines a compelling value proposition aligned with the client’s needs
- Defines strategy and manages multiple and/or more complex engagements
- Directs and completes engagements at or above targeted profitability
- Generates new and unique ideas and uses solid judgment to determine which ideas will have greatest likelihood of success
- Develops executable business or project plans and seeks appropriate leadership buy-in and support
- Plays a key role in the execution of innovative solutions and application of technical knowledge and best practices
- Mentoring and managing junior staff.
This role can be based in any of the following locations: Washington, DC; New York, NY; Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX
- Recognized as a customer experience leader in the electric utility industry.
- Customer journey mapping experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Energy industry experience, particularly with a utility or other energy provider.
- 3-5 years of strategic and/or management consulting experience.
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Proposal writing experience including budget development and managing proposal timeline with a variety of subject matter experts providing input.
- Able to travel via airplane with minimal assistance to client sites across the US and potentially internationally.
- Digital customer transformation experience.
- Data analytics experience.
- Deep experience in the behavioral, process improvement, and distributed energy resource topic areas.