About the Position:
The Director of Employer Relations reports to the Senior Director of the Career Management Center (CMC). This position manages the employer relations efforts of the school for approximately 1500 full time mba students, 1100 part time students, 500 Executive MBA (EMBA) students, and works to develop opportunities for a 54,000 alumni base. This position sets the overall employer strategy for the CMC in conjunction with the senior director of CMC. This position also oversees the maintenance and development of the CMC's contact management software platforms, including Gradleaders, Salesforce Chatter, and others.
Reporting to the Director are 3 Industry Relationship Managers, 4Assistant Director Business Development, In addition, the Director's team hires 15+ seasonal student greeters for On Campus Recruiting. The Director is actively engaged in the delivery of career education programming and conducts strategic student-facing activities with student government and club leaders.
The Director is responsible for creating, monitoring and evaluating the sustainable development and maintenance of recruiting relationships. The Director develops recruiting strategies in partnership with employers, and maintains Kellogg's competitive advantage among a wide array of employment partners through high-touch relationship management.
The Director, Employer Relations works closely with the Director, MBA Coaching & Career Education and the Director of Operations to ensure that programming is aligned with the interests of MBA employers and to determine mutual staff support for student and recruiter populations.
Additionally, the Director works closely with the Director, EW and EMBA Career Management and Alumni Career Development, to identify career development opportunities for more experienced professionals.
- Some schedule flexibility required, including, early morning and late evening hours anticipated seasonally.
- Travel up to 30%
People Management and Leadership
- Select, hire, train, supervise and evaluate 7 individuals, including 3 Industry Relationship Manager, 4 Business Development professionals, 1
- Set employer strategy of retention and acquisition in conjunction with CMC and other Kellogg staff, using data, feedback, analysis and relationship management.
- Oversee workflow for 3 Industry Relationship Managers who will directly manage a portfolio of established accounts.
- Provide high-level consultation to employers seeking to maximize recruiting efforts on and off campus.
- Manage on campus recruiting process with over 3000 interviews per year.
- Initiate contact with new employers via Business Development team, follow up on leads, and job postings.
- Direct CMC efforts to track and report contacts with prospective employers and business contacts via Salesforce; serve as strategic liaison to related centers programs departments to achieve buy-in on information-sharing initiative.
- Lead Employer Relations team with recruiting logistics on company presentations, office hours, and receptions.
- Oversee establishing the annual recruiting calendar and review and revise recruiting employer and student-facing recruiting policies.
- Conduct regular corporate visits, treks and calls with appropriate staff to achieve employer development and recruiting goals.
- Travel and or propose travel for key national conferences or employer-related events.
- In conjunction with other CMC & Kellogg team members and student clubs, connect employers with Corporate Partnerships interested in advancing their presence on campus.
- Manage budget for, organize and deliver large recruiting events, including 4 Kellogg Networking Night (KNN) events and annual Recruiter Day Conference.
- Oversee delivery of 150-200 (annual) corporate presentations.
- Benchmark with peer schools to ensure competitive positioning of Kellogg.
- Coordinate with Corporate Partnerships, Advancement and other offices for additional alumni-related events as needed.
Marketing & Communication
- Work with CMC Communications Manager to develop content for website, social media, alumni resume book outreach, and corporate events reminders in conjunction with the Directors of FT MBA Coaching & Career Education, EW & EMBA, Alumni Career Development & Director, International Coaching and Global Relations (CMC Leadership Team),
- Maintain contact management system and regular communication with recruiters, company representatives, and key alumni. Utilize social media, email, and other electronic vehicles to promote relationship with employers.
- Develop strategy for recruiter engagement including bimonthly communication and survey design.
Operational & Coordination Activities
- Act as core member of CMC Leadership Team.
- Manage the budget for employer facing initiatives, including on-campus recruiting, KNNs, and other.
- Create, track, evaluate, and create strategy based on metrics for recruiting, relationship development, corporate visits, campus involvement, event participation, and yield. Monitor and regularly report on recruiting progress, key metrics and new relationships to Director, students and staff.
- Represent Team, School and University by attending key meetings as needed.
- Bachelor's degree and 7+ years of prior management, business and or student coaching experience required.
- Superior presentation, interpersonal and written communication skills are essential.
- The appropriate candidate will be competent with technology and its application, have strong administrative and operational skills and be a self-starter who works well independently as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, relationship-driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to create, deliver and assess outcomes of 1-3 yr strategy.
- Ability to work with and track multiple constituents simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time sensitive problems in a constructive, positive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and trends and create actionable solutions and strategies.
- High personal standard of professionalism, accountability, humor and maturity required.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication, interpersonal, and organization skills required.
- Mastery of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Comfort with social media platforms.
- Demonstrated familiarity with MBA Focus products
- Ability to maintain composure and positive attitude during lengthy periods of high volume work.
- Executive search experience a plus.
- Experience at Northwestern University a significant plus.