Job ID 562931BR
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products (DPECP) means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
The Director, Employee Relations (ER) for Disney Parks, Experiences, and Consumer Products (DPECP) leads a team of ER professionals based in California and Florida. This role is responsible for ownership, oversight and management of the ER investigations activities in DPECP according to established guidelines and ER practices. This Director will support the DPECP segment by providing clients with ER expertise and services, including conducting investigations, interpreting policies and practices, and advising on ER issues.
This position will be based in Glendale, California, and also will provide onsite support to Anaheim and Burbank business locations.
- Provide day-to-day leadership to a team of ER professionals and serve as a primary point of contact for assigned clients and lines of businesses.
- Promote knowledge, understanding, and compliance with regard to company policy and relevant employment laws through coaching, presentations, and training.
- Identify opportunities to influence and impact the employee experience at DPECP in a multitude of ways, including:
- How investigations are managed;
- Contributions to policy and training;
- Acting as a consultant and advisor to DPECP Human Resources teams on a variety of topics from on-boarding, critical life moments, conflict resolution, performance management, and complex accommodations.
- Consult with HR Business Partners (HRBPs), management and Legal to deliver seamless support.
- Provide best in class and consistent practices and processes for ER issues including investigative matters, including:
- Working closely with HRBPs and business managers to develop investigation plans;
- Conducting high level, complex investigations;
- Consulting with HRBPs to discuss solutions and working with Legal when appropriate;
- Delivering findings and making recommendations to resolve issues;
- Preparing appropriate documentation.
- Collaborate and partner closely with Labor Relations, HR Business Partners, and other Human Resources functional teams through a consultative approach to help assess organization effectiveness, and develop and implement integrated action plans.
- Provide relevant business solutions, tools, and resources to support and positively shape the employee experience.
- Interact and work with team members from the Legal, Security, Public Affairs, Management Audit, Advisory & Assurance, and Risk Management organizations. Interface with state and federal administrative agencies as needed.
- Analyze ER data/metrics for themes, trends and root cause identification and manage the process for responding to requests for DPECP ER data or files.
- Engage and collaborate with ER team members across The Walt Disney Company and assist with advancing ER initiatives as needed/directed.
- Strong demonstrated leadership experience; proven experience with building team and developing others
- Demonstrated consultative/credibility assessment skills
- Ability to proactively share a point of view, appropriately challenge assumptions, and take initiative
- Proven experience in strategy development
- Ability to work collaboratively, lead and influence at all levels within the organization, and make decisions while keeping partners and leaders informed
- Proven ability to manage conflict/challenge thinking
- Proven business acumen, strong decision-making, and root cause/analysis skills
- Ability to assess sensitive and complex employee relations issues in a confidential, objective, and systematic manner
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated strong integration skills
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects with strong time management and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated strong written/verbal communication and facilitation/presentation skills
- Strong understanding of all aspects of federal and state employment related laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts and practices
- Bachelor’s Degree, and/or equivalent work experience with emphasis in Human Resources or Psychology