About the role
The Zillow Group employee communications team is looking for a director of employee communications to oversee all internal communications for Zillow Group and its portfolio of brands. This is a unique opportunity to lead a small, but growing, team that drives engaging employee communications across multiple offices.
This person will be laser-focused on orchestrating communications strategy and work collaboratively across the organization, creating and managing innovative programs and thoughtful communications that connect, engage, and align employees to our business, innovation, and culture for company growth and speed. The ideal candidate loves thinking through the big-picture strategy and has a passion for inspiring employees through storytelling, but isn’t afraid to roll up his/her sleeves to execute.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Drive strategy and results for building employee awareness of Zillow Group’s business initiatives through messaging and targeted communication channels.
- Craft key messages, narratives, and stories for internal presentations.
- Acts as a communications partner on all major employee initiatives and campaigns.
- Identify new opportunities and programs proactively to connect, engage, and inspire Zillow Group employees.
- Manage the employee communications team and mentor individuals for career development, helping them cultivate their unique communications skills and experience.
About the team
The employee communications group is a small and mighty team that drives internal communications within Zillow Group, and is passionate about informing, engaging, and inspiring employees to deliver on our company mission. This role will report to the Zillow Group VP of communications, working closely with corporate communications, public relations, human resources, brand leads, and othershared services teams to deliver integrated and consistent messaging to our employees. You’ll have the opportunity to work with leaders and colleagues to develop strategy, messaging and programming for key internal campaigns and programs. You’ll lead and influence story content for employee engagement, with an emphasis on business results, innovation, community and culture, and more.
Who are you?
- 10-15years of employee communications experience, which must include development and execution of strategic communication plans and narratives.
- Proven track record of cross-group collaboration, the ability to influence corporate and local teams at multiple levels of the organization respectfully and professionally.
- Strategic storyteller and creative thinker who’s always advocating for our employees.
- Ability to quickly build rapport with senior management and provide sound counsel on all communications matters.
- Deadline-driven self-starter with good judgement and a strong attention to detail.
- Proven experience managing and developing teams.
- High levels of energy, enthusiasm, initiative, flexibility, good humor, and commitment.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired, ideally in Communications, Journalism, or Business Management.