The Emerging Technologies team is responsible for providing advice to IT and the business on risks and controls in selected FinTech projects. The team participates in the development of new technology standards, conceptual design sessions and PoC projects. Within Corporate Audit, they are responsible for providing training on emerging technologies used at State Street and updates on where emerging technologies are being used by the business areas.
Primary Responsibilities - Director, Emerging Technologies
- Lead the Emerging Technologies team. Help evolve the team’s mandate and deliverables.
- Participates in the IT Architecture Council, Technical Boards and PoC Working Groups as a non-voting member. Advocates and ensures usage of new control standards in future state architecture.
- Builds productive working relationships with internal clients, team members, senior management, project teams, and IT partners to ensure recommendations are understood by all impacted parties.
- Perform assessments of risk and controls within the proposed technology.
- Leverages influencing and negotiation skills to champion optimal control solutions. Acts as an advocate for change, overcoming resistance by clearly articulating its benefits and promoting acceptance and usage.
- Maintains current knowledge of emerging technologies, architecture, and related standards.
- Assess new technologies within State Street for possible adoption by Corporate Audit
- Provide training to Corporate Audit on new technologies and how they are being used throughout State Street.
Qualifications and Skills:
- BS/BA preferred in Information Technology, Computer Science, and/or Business Administration,
- 10+ years of relevant IT Audit or consulting experience
- Broad knowledge of the financial services, FinTech, technology, and / or other regulated industries
- Intellectually curious and proven ability to adapt quickly, learn new things (technology & business areas), evaluate issues, identify and validate problems areas
- Technical knowledge in one or more of the following areas: BlockChain, Robotic Process Automation, Artificial Intelligence, Alternative Data, Iaas/PaaS/SaaS, Hybrid/Public Cloud Environments
- Experience in program assurance, IT risk assurance, and change management areas
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills and motivated self-starter
- Strong written communication, interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.