The Director, Emergency Services, works collaboratively with all members of the healthcare team to provide administrative support and direction to a group of managers within Patient Care Services. Responsible for quality and standards of patient care, performance improvement, program management, business operations, budget and resource utilization, and management development for designated areas. Functions within the standards, policies, procedures and guidelines of the Organization.
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing required and Master's degree in nursing, healthcare, business or other related field required.
- Current License to practice nursing in Ohio as a Registered Nurse.
- Five years recent Emergency Services experience, with three years in first line management preferred.
- Effective Communication Skills.
- Evidence of effective leadership and management abilities.
- Evidence of ability to effectively develop and coach multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience in program development, product line management desired.
- Knowledge of legislative and regulatory requirements in relevant field.
- BLS healthcare provider training required.
- Collaborates with all disciplines on the healthcare team and within the Organization, including a strong partnership with senior leadership, to develop goals and objectives, performance targets, and business and strategic plans as appropriate for designated areas.
- Develop new programs in response to identified community, organizational and/or patient needs.
- Develop and support nursing services leadership acting as servant leader.
- Guide strategy and implementation plan for positive patient experience and colleague engagement.
- Operationalize organizational initiatives and present to front line.
- Provide strategic succession planning throughout the department
- Ensure efficient operation within productivity measures while staying current with changing dynamics.
- Align with other system leadership to develop strong working relationships.