This position is responsible for the successful operation of the Department of Emergency Medicine of Rochester General Hospital. Facilitates continuity of administrative processes and integrated activities within the department. Establishes objectives, develops and implements plans to achieve Health System goals in concert with the Chief and senior leadership. Measures results and takes appropriate corrective actions to ensure achievement of objectives. Develops, proposes and implements policies as appropriate
- Bachelor's degree in business or related discipline. Master’s degree preferred
- Five years of healthcare or other relevant experience
- Significant leadership experience
- Background in Quality Improvement preferred
- Operational Management. Oversight for Emergency Services. Monitor and evaluate hospital activities through the analysis of complaints to identify trends and opportunities for improvement. Ensures that department meets or exceeds budgeted, financial objectives, including revenue and margin. Develop strategies to identify and monitor cost of delivery of care, including staffing.In concert with clinical leadership, develop and maintain competency in state and federal healthcare regulations and The Joint Commission accreditation standards. Promote quality improvement activities.
- Collaboration. Work with medical staff, administration and department managers to develop goals, objectives and strategic plans for service line. Work with appropriate departments to develop budget. Collaborate with other leaders to assess readiness of regulatory surveys, providing consulting services whenever needed.
- Administrative Coordination. Work collaboratively on all aspects of delivery of services. Participate in development and implementation of departmental quality and safety plans, programs and annual reports.
- Communication. Develop objectives in concert with Chief of service and leadership. Establish, maintain and enhance communication between medical staff, ancillary staff and appropriate healthcare agencies and the community at large. Ensures department is well informed, at all times, of changes and news worthy events.
- Leadership. Ensure team members understand their roles in the business plan. Responsible for developing and maintaining team to support all customer relationships. Handles difficult personnel situations directly, using appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect for the individual.
Rochester Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.
Job ID REQ_89717