Explore the possibilities across our global house of brands.
Defined by inclusivity rather than exclusivity, Tapestry embraces the exploration of individuality and invests in helping you grow personally and professionally. Every individual in our global house has the opportunity to make an impact, learn and be part of our growing and unique story.
At Tapestry, we have the freedom to express ourselves and run with our best ideas across Coach, Kate Spade New York, and Stuart Weitzman. We share a profound belief in both our individual and collective potential, and know that with hard work and dedication, anything is possible.
The Director, Email & SMS is a leader of the Email & SMS team responsible for leveraging Tapestry’s next-generation direct marketing platforms to operationalize a best-in-class direct marketing strategy across our brands. As part of the newly formed Digital Center of Expertise team, this role will work in deep partnership with our digital marketing brand partners, ecommerce and digital operations teams to create customer centric and data driven campaigns.
- Responsible for the development and execution of Tapestry’s global digital direct marketing strategy
- Works with brand partners to ensure the operationalization of advanced direct marketing capabilities with more streamlined processes
- Partner with the Director of Marketing Capabilities to develop the channel and content strategy for all digital lifecycle communications across key moments and customer segments to craft custom conversations with our customers
- Create valuable framework for evaluating email performance at the customer level that is actionable within our Customer Data Platform
- Lead enterprise capabilities related to execution of email and SMS channels with advanced personalization
- Responsible for Tapestry’s email deliverability monitoring and escalation – optimizing send strategies to ensure strong ISP inbox placement
- Responsible for email subscriber list hygiene strategy and coordinating execution of email append, ECOA and backfill tactics
- Define, monitor and drive success at the program, campaign and segment levels - identifying and reporting on all areas to track effectiveness of the programs and clearly articulate optimizations
- Identify, assess, and communicate brand pain points in order to improve processes, modernize the digital experience, and create engaging customer touchpoints
- Mange team of 3-4 email managers who are responsible for the daily execution of email campaigns across Coach, Kate Spade and Stuart Weitzman
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 7+ years of hands-on experience with ESP and marketing technologies, including SalesForce Marketing Cloud and Oracle
- Proficiency with AMP Script, Journey Builder, Email Studio, Data Extensions and Automation Studio, SQL and HTML
- Experience with ecommerce and marketing tools such as Google Analytics, SalesForce Commerce Cloud
- Ability to apply analysis to influence business decisions to drive performance
- Must be highly collaborative and the ability to work as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and highly organized
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.