The objective of the Director of Electric Dispatch & Control is to manage O & M and Capital budgets and coordinate workflow and staffing requirements for these two critical work areas.
- Oversee and direct the day to day activities for Salem, Lebanon /Charlestown, Manchester, Tilton, and Nashua operations.
- Assist in the development of policies, procedures and plans for operating, maintaining and improving the electric and gas infrastructure.
- Schedule, coordinate and/or conduct a variety of training sessions including safety, environmental, new work practices, and new equipment.
- Assists in the development of the monthly and year-to-date performance against budget goals.
- Develop and effectively manage a various distribution performance and efficiency metrics.
- Respond to regular and off-hour emergency outages by working with Dispatch Control when required; take appropriate steps to restore equipment and power in a timely manner.
- Enforce Clearance & Control Rules and act as local control authority as required.
- Respond to customer or PUC inquires and complaints in a timely manner.
- Oversee employee compliance with DOT regulations.
- Work in conjunction with the Operations Coordinator and other internal stakeholders to schedule work in a productive and efficient manner.
- Be available for an On Call rotation for part or all of the NH operations. Prior management experience with leading, coaching and motivating staff required.
- Maintain a safe working environment for all employees and members of the public and ensures regulatory compliance for department activities.
- May be required to perform physical work during emergency situations as required.