Job DescriptionMajor Accountabilities:
- Ensures the implementation and continuous improvement of the site EHS programs.
- Ensures an on-going state of compliance with all applicable EHS regulations. Provides expert support to outside EHS regulatory agencies.
- Develops and implements plans to ensure conformance with the Global EHS Management System requirements similar or equivalent to OHSAS 18001, VPP, or ISO 14001.
- Assesses the safety culture and develops strategies to monitor and continuously improve. Leads and ensures the success of the site Simply Safe team to ensure employee engagement.
- Leads, manages, and develops the EHS staff ensuring appropriate organizational structure, staffing, skills, technical knowledge and prioritization of work to support business objectives and compliance.
- Coordinates the maintenance and continuous improvement of the site Business Continuity Management program including Pandemic Preparedness.
- Coordinates the maintenance and continuous improvement of the site emergency preparedness processes.
- Develops and manages the EHS expense forecast and budget.
- Leads and coordinates the process to identify, assess and develop mitigation plans for risks which have the ability to affect the achievement of the site’s strategic business objectives.
- As a member of the Site Leadership Team, actively contributes to the development and implementation of the broad enterprise strategy, culture and governance processes.
- Directs effective EHS review, design requirements, and approval of processes, projects and changes.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in EHS, Engineering or related EHS discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 15+ years of overall experience in EHS is required.
- Minimum of 5+ years leading teams or direct people management is required.
- Prior experience leading EHS for a site/facility in a GMP or biological manufacturing environment is required.
- Experience working in a matrix organization is preferred.
- Highly proficient in the development of strategies, objectives, and plans to achieve long-term and short-term objectives.
- Must have the ability to write effective procedures, policies, reports, and correspondence.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to interact and form strong working relationships with individuals at all levels from all disciplines.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Highly proficient in the use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Detail oriented