Transform the EHR learning experience to match the way employees learn via innovative, just in time educational delivery models. Lead all aspects of strategy, design, implementation, support, and quality of the electronic health record (EHR) information systems for hospitals, clinics, equity affiliates and independent community practices. Develop and maintain strong relationships with senior operations leadership to understand and meet the needs of the business resulting in solutions aligned with organizational goals. Collaborates with other key technical, business and project management support to optimize electronic health record information system.
- Direct the management, recruitment, retention, and development of EHR team members and managers. Functions as senior IT leader for the system EHR team.
- Develop strong relationships with operational partners and align resource investments with value to organization. Continually define ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships throughout the integrated delivery network. Collaborate with senior leadership to develop programs to offer cost effective solutions.
- Partner with operations to prioritize initiatives. Facilitate multi-entity decision making for assigned system and technologies. Ensure business needs are understood and represented in order to meet current and plan for future needs.
- Provide management oversight of the analysis of new technology opportunities and successfully collaborate with peer group to develop executive recommendations. Identify opportunities for improvement. Lead the development and implementation of the corresponding process improvements.
- Serve as the senior IT leadership sponsor for medium and large EHR projects. Understand and promote the value of the electronic health record to all aspects of the business.
- Develop and manage an operating expense budget and participate in the development of capital budgets.
- Collaborate with Information Technology (IT) Operations and Business Intelligence leadership to improve the quality and value of the shared healthcare information systems.
- Negotiate and administer vendor contracts and service agreements.
- Understand requirements of governmental and other regulatory agency initiatives to ensure compliance and maximize any incentive opportunities. Ensure clinical and revenue systems support required clinical activities and reporting capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 to 8 years of experience
- 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience
- 2 years of experience managing IT professionals or large-scale software programs. A strong understanding of healthcare operations and a broad knowledge of the business and clinical aspects of an integrated healthcare delivery system.
- Value-based leadership skills with an emphasis on creating a strategic vision, innovation and communication. Demonstrated ability to make difficult business decisions coupled with a balanced perspective to integrate mission fulfillment.
- Ability to work effectively with clinic, hospital, insurance and other health care setting users and all levels of management.
- Experience setting goals for multi-disciplinary teams, defining a vision for accountable objectives, creating controls to monitor performance and leading course adjustments. Proven ability to break a complex problem into actionable parts for team members.
- Experience identifying, developing and implementing process improvements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills plus strong organizational skills.
- Excellent collaboration and teamwork.
- Experience working under pressure and managing multiple priorities.