At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills. Follow a path that lets your talents shine.
This role will report to the AVP of Group Services and is a champion and advocate in the organization, collaborating with leaders and cross-functional teams on the delivery of key EDX services while developing and executing strategic plans for improving services over time. Their teams are client and partner -facing through discovery and related partner implementation. This role and their teams need to able to understand, define and represent our capabilities internally and externally. The individual in this role will works as a key member of the Group Operations leadership team to;
- Set and align strategic Electronic Data Exchange (EDX) direction, for both our core and National Account businesses
- Lead Sun Life’s Electronic Data Exchange (EDX) organization, and
- Oversee the execution of business requirements to drive required connectivity between the plan sponsor, vendors and SLF.
- Lead Sun Life’s Electronic Data Exchange (EDX) organization.
- Collaborate with operational and cross-functional leaders to develop and execute operational plans and programs for technology solutions tosupport an integrated enrollment, eligibility, payroll, absence and leave management and interchange of data for claims.
- Ensure the proactive identification of expertise required to address individual prospect requirements; identifies resource for prospect technology needs for files and reporting.
- Support implementation and interface directly with large customers/partners and/or EDX team to define capabilities and plans and tactically validate data where necessary given the complexity of the cases and integration points. Set expectations amongst all parties on case level delivery and ensure that follow through with implementation.
- Act as custodian with internal partners on our capabilities and roadmap to ensure efficient and effective communication with clients and reduce opportunities for over commitments.
- Understand file structures and compatibility with Sun Life offering. Responsible for developing a repository of questions and knows what to ask, when. Works to identify a key set of deliverables that are available tosupport core and large cases. Drives organizational awareness of what the baseline capabilities are and “leverage points” for modification/customization.
- Develop strategies, programs and roadmaps for the delivery and improvement of support services. Responsible for the development of repeatable processesto drive efficiencies.
- Vet, evaluate and identify the nuances of each partner and develops an inventory that are best suited to work with SLF. Cultivates relationships with external partners such as our current Absence partner, ComPsych, as well as Payroll firms, Ben Admin, Enrollment, HRIS, Time & Attendance, and other third party administrators. Develop and strengthen relationships with key vendors. Gain efficiencies in our business processes where possible through vendor capabilities.
- Ensure that processes result in quality outcomes within timing and accuracy standards. SLA. Responsible for the determination of the performance guarantees. Established Service Level Agreements.
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify and create efficiency opportunities for support. Work with IT and Operations to prioritize areas of development and drive accountability for results. Support efforts with requirements gathering and testing.
- Explore the appointment and training of dedicated resources to support complex cases. Work to identify key resources in key areas to develop core capabilities in large case file feed and reporting needs.
- Ensure the expedient handling of concerns from plan sponsors, third party administrators and broker partners
- Create and maintains consolidated databaseto track individual implementations
- Develop a business case for the function including methodologies for the treatment of costs (i.e. what should be rated for, what should not), potential savings resulting from connectivity and reporting capabilities, etc.
- Bachelors’ degree required
- Minimum of 7-10 years of management experience required
- Minimum of 7-10 years of EDX related experience required
- Experience in Group insurance and Absence products preferred
- Experienced, innovative business leader with a demonstrated track record of successfully leading teams and achieving business results
- Collaborative workstyle and comfortable navigating across multiple divisions
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills with ability to represent Sun Life effectively with Sr. leadership
- Ability to quickly build credibility within an organization and influence others not directly under one’s control.
- Experience managing multiple functions in a geographically dispersed organization.
- Collaborative and comfortable navigating in cross functional organizations with matrixed accountabilities.
- Computer literacy, including working knowledge of MS Office Products.
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to travel moderately up to 25%