Experience and Education
Bachelors Degree or higher in Education Technology, Information Technology or related field and eight (8) years of related experience, to include at least seven (7) or more years of managerial experience. Education Technology experience is highly desired. Experience in academic medicine, medical or graduate school is highly preferred.
Responsible for the leadership, development, implementation, and oversight of all education and instructional information technology, including comprehensive strategic plans, policies, programs and schedules for computing and management. Responsible for the management of the IT Teams in AIS that support education and learning technology campus-wide.
- Provides leadership in the development of strategic approaches for the integration of technology into the educational areas of the institution,
- Works collaboratively with faculty and staff in the schools to provide pedagogical and technical consulting to design, develop, and implement educational technology, instructional content, courses and projects to support teaching and learning through the use of technology.
- Analyzes complex business needs presented by the user community and/or clients and recommends technical solutions.
- Ensures the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Directs and prioritizes the work load of personnel.
- Manages the IT team(s) that support education, faculty and students.
- Directs the design, development, and maintenance of systems, programs, and systems software to meet management and institutions information needs.
- Assists management with development of the teams operating budget, expense tracking and cost projections.
- Manages the accounts receivables and payables around software renewals, hardware procurement.
- Maintains knowledge of developments in the area of software, systems and hardware and incorporates new developments into the future systems of the institution.
- Leads the implementation, enhancement and support of education technology systems campus-wide.
- Provides technical/functional expertise on education technology
- Guides the development and implementation of effective technical solutions
- Manages the development, implementation and support across the team
- Manages and is responsible for maximizing teams performance
- Manages user expectations internal and external through regular communications and status updates.
- Responsible for overall project management, including project timelines, quality management, resource planning, testing, training and documentation.
- May perform other duties as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Work requires ability to manage and direct staff.
Work requires ability to monitor and maintain budget.
Work requires ability to ensure adherence to all policies and procedures of university.
Work requires good interpersonal, organizational, supervisory, and analytical skills.
Work requires demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and exercise decision-making and problem solving skills.
Work requires ability to read, write, develop plans, procedures, and coordinate persons and other resources to accomplish goals.
Work requires ability to communicate clearly.
Work may require ability to lead committees as appropriate.
Work may require telephone and personal contact with all levels of internal and external personnel and organizations.