Position Summary: Directs the provision of nursing care in a business unit while maintaining standards of patient care. Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the overall quality of care provided by the nursing personnel. Advises medical staff, department heads, and administrators in matters related to nursing service and strategies.
- Interprets policies and objectives of nursing service to staff and community groups.
- Monitors the operations of the nursing staff and ensures compliance with regulations on organizational and governmental standards and practices. Schedules staff and conducts employee performance reviews.
- Provides nursing care to patients on an as needed basis.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (e.g. BSN) or equivalent education and experience and Master's degree in nursing or other-related field (e.g., MSN/MBA/MHA).
- Minimum of three (3) years of nursing experience and two (2) years of leadership experience.
- Registered Nursing License (RN) in state of practice, Basic Life Support (BLS), other credentials or modules may be required.