The Director of eCommerce-IT will provide leadership, guidance and input on all IT aspects including strategy, planning, and execution on eCommerce initiatives. This individual will also ensure the alignment and execution of business strategies for Direct-to-Consumer initiatives across both Mattel and American Girl’s eCommerce platform.
In addition, he/she will provide leadership, mentorship, direction and support (both technical and functional) for Mattel’s Global IT eCommerce business which supports brands of American Girl and Mattel globally.
- Passion for the success of your brands. A proven willingness to go the extra mile, to take on the things that need to be done and a positive attitude that rolls with changes.
- Relationship skills that work across functions, vendors and brands. Excellent communication skills, the ability to compromise and the desire to work with skill sets across the entire organization and within our external partners.
- Leadership ability that ultimately betters the team. The ability to drive change and results through influence and focus, and demonstrated expertise in the field.
- Innovation ability to envision the possibilities and “what-ifs” with a fresh new perspective.
Experience, Education & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in system design and architecture for Direct-to-Consumer eCommerce platforms
- 5+ years’ experience managing enterprise eCommerce platforms with significant traffic/transaction volumes and load
- Vendor management experience is a must
- Demonstrated experience leading and developing people
- Demonstrated experience leading and delivering complex, enterprise-wide projects
- Experienced software development skills; experience in architecting for eCommerce platforms and managing multiple parallel technical projects and initiatives
- Solid business acumen and deep understanding of business processes in a direct-to-consumer environment
- Experience mentoring and reviewing the work of other architects
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment with both internal and 3rd party development teams (onshore/offshore)
- Demonstrated management experience using a variety of development methodologies including Agile/SCRUM, etc.
- Experience with web application security practices and techniques and experience in remediation of potential application security threats.