The E-Commerce Director will manage the Brand website and implement innovative Digital marketing campaigns to maximize revenue, profit and increase customer satisfaction through a better shopping experience.
Working closely with Merchandising, Inventory Planning, Information Technology, and Creative, the E-Commerce Director is responsible for driving the e-commerce business. They are tasked with all promotion planning, site store functionalities, including proper management and display of product assets, internal functioning of site tools, and creating a look and feel that conveys the overall brand position. This individual will also develop strategies to utilize e-mail, affiliate partnerships, paid and natural search and other forms of digital marketing to drive demand and ROI.
This position will direct and train a team.
- Understand site and digital marketing performance and track web demand by product/category to make the necessary adjustment to the upcoming e-merchandising and digital marketing plans.
- Work closely with Merchandising, Inventory Planning, and Creative Services to develop brand driven emails, homepages and social campaigns to drive key products, trends, and themes that support business initiatives.
- Make recommendations based on data analysis and usability testing to improve the customer experience and optimize demand, margin, and conversion.
- Maximize online revenue and ROI generated by digital marketing programs by increasing customer retention and acquiring customer within acquisition cost goals.
- Lead e-commerce and digital marketing team responsible for:
- Executing and testing all site refreshes according to schedule
- Requesting and proofing all campaign copy and images
- Driving digital marketing performance across all tactics on ROAS tgts
- Perform external analysis of industry trends in ecommerce, competitor initiatives, and consumer needs through primary and secondary research methods.
- Attend product review meetings to clearly understand the brand positioning and how to translate to optimized website performance.
- Identify business opportunity and risks through analyzing sales and marketplace information.
- Partner with Digital Marketing SMEs on content-related SEO and SEM efforts for the brand.
- Perform other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher.
- 7 -- 10 years of E-Commerce or Digital Marketing experience and thorough understanding of the retail industry
- Possess an ability to create and drive brand marketing and digital strategies
- Strong analytical skills with experience evaluating data and campaign performance to provide actionable recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and develop high performing teams
- Profound knowledge and experience of digital marketing campaigns
- Demonstrated presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, cross-functional environment while juggling multiple responsibilities
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills, ability to listen and contribute as a positive and solution-oriented team player
- Ability to think strategically and proactively problem solve
- Experience with Salesforce Demandware platform (or similar)
- Proficiency with Adobe Analytics (or similar) and be self-sufficient in analyzing data to drive decisions