Provide financial expertise to the Williams-Sonoma Brand Direct to Consumer business in all areas of financial management including developing strategic plans, the annual operating budget, ongoing monthly financial forecasting and month-end close. As a key member of the DTC team, this role will provide expertise on all financial and strategic matters and serve as an advisor in providing key financial information and analysis to drive the business and influence decision making. Delivers key financial metrics for scorecard and monthly reporting.
* Lead the Williams Sonoma DTC financial planning process including month-end, monthly forecasting, and annual budget process.
* Create actionable financial reporting and ensure data integrity.
* Develop competitive benchmark analysis.
* Annual business plan.
* Strategic three-year plan.
* Maintain a thorough understanding of business risks and opportunities. Develop forward-looking predictive models to support the monitoring and forecasting of the business.
* Develop thorough financial analysis and executive summaries of financial results.
* Identify cost-saving and profit maximizing opportunities and provide meaningful information to key decision makers.
* Partner with Corporate stakeholders on communicating key financial projections and business results.
* Lead a high-performance team through strong coaching, training, and direction, along with writing and delivering annual performance evaluations
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* A minimum of 10 years progressively responsible experience in the areas of financial analysis, planning, and accounting
* Solid level of proficiency utilizing Excel and PowerPoint, and experience with budgeting/accounting systems such as Lawson. Access database skills a plus
* Strong analytical, consulting, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
* Highly motivated, strong sense of urgency and track record of getting results
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong matrix management, teamwork, and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels, and thrive in a cross-functional, evolving business and technical environment
* Finance, economics, accounting degree, CPA or MBA preferred. Experience in retail and e-commerce business a plus.