Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Discovery and Preclinical Development, this position will be responsible for measurement and analysis of the ADME properties of compounds of interest to RAPT. These include FLX475 and RPT193 currently in clinical development and earlier stage compounds all of which target critical drivers of the immune system.
A primary responsibility will be providing mentorship and supervision of a group dedicated to in vitro ADME assessment and bioanalysis of in vivo samples.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Directs DMPK capability in-house and through external oversight: The Director is responsible for leading the overall scientific, technical and operational efforts of the Drug Metabolism/DMPK/Bioanalytical group in support of Discovery Project Teams.
- Will define appropriate studies/endpoints and design of internal DMPK studies and be responsible for the deliverables from external studies.
- Responsible for assembling IND enabling preclinical PK packages to make evidence based clinical dose projections.
- This candidate will be expected to participate in mentoring of the laboratory-based scientists/associates and will require a laboratory presence.
- Accountable for Scientific Excellence in Discovery, setting the standard for quality research within the DMPK group at RAPT.
- Facilitates the transition of candidate compounds from Discovery to Development and coordinates execution of plans with key stakeholders.
- Maintains productive communications with chemistry, biology, non-clinical and clinical colleagues.
- Establishes effective partnerships/relationships through collaboration, expertise in current and future analytical technologies, and seamless transfer of information. Encourages and supports collaboration across departments and takes actions that will increase the likelihood of positive outcomes in research.
- Sets high performance expectations and holds others accountable for the results expected.
- Promotes a culture of scientific and technical excellence, multidisciplinary problem solving, teamwork, consistency, flexibility, execution, quality and effective communication.
- Anticipates needs, assesses and manages business risks and organizational dynamics as well as their implications.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Science or Chemistry or a relevant field with extensive training and industry experience in Bioanalysis, Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics supporting drug discovery environment with program team representation.
- 7-10 years of experience in Bioanalysis/Pharmacokinetics within Discovery Research/Development function in the pharmaceutical industry
- Scientific knowledge of Drug Discovery, DMPK/ADME. Specific interest/knowledge in small molecule Immunology & Inflammation area a plus. Maintains current awareness in areas of expertise.
- Excellent leadership, lab management and problem-solving skills. Team player with strong mentoring skills.
- Excellent written and communication skills.