Job Description Summary:
The Director,Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) is responsible for the leading and providing DMPK research and project management support for drug discovery programs.
The incumbent works cross-functionally with internal departments and external resources as part of PTC’s discovery science project teams. He/She is specifically responsible for performing DMPK research, interpreting data and providing timely DMPK-related support to the broader research team(s). This includes, but may not be limited to, discovery chemistry, biology, preclinical pharmacology, and toxicology as well as external Contract Research Organizations (CROs).
The position ensures adherence to relevant regulatory requirements and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as appropriate.Job Description:
- Performs hands-on research and data interpretation in drug metabolism and pharmacokinetic (DMPK) research and bioanalysis in support of drug discovery programs.
- Represents the DMPK at the discovery team project meetings. Interprets and presents DMPK scientific data/results.
- Collaborates closely with discovery chemistry, biology, preclinical pharmacology, and toxicology teams to manage project timelines.
- Ensures the scientific quality of the DMPK data in support of drug discovery.
- Liaises with, supports and strengthens PTC’s relationships with external CROs.
- Develops and writes protocols, study reports and IND documents as appropriate.
- Performs other tasks and assignments as needed and specified by management.
* Minimum level of education and years of relevant work experience.
- PhD in Chemistry or other related scientific discipline and a minimum of 12-15 years of relevant and progressively responsible experience in drug metabolism and PK in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related environment OR equivalent experience and/or education.
* Special knowledge or skills needed and/or licenses or certificates required.
- Demonstrated proficiency and hands-on experience in DMPK research and LC-MS/MS bioanalysis.
- Experience in managing projects.
- Demonstrated experience writing study reports and regulatory documents.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Ability to influence without direct authority.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment consisting of internal and external team members.
- Analytical thinker with excellent problem solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects.
*Special knowledge or skills and/or licenses or certificates preferred.
- Experience managing, coaching and mentoring junior scientists/ team members.
* Travel requirements
Up to 15%
*Physical requirements (only note if the job requires physical capacity beyond general office work)
Office/Laboratory based position
PTC Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, veteran status or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.