Role Value Proposition:
The Director of Network Development directs the daily operations of the in-house dental product Network Development Specialist Team and Network Data Team. Manages results as it pertains to adding dentists to the Dental PPO and DHMO programs, acts as the liaison to the Dental Operations Contracting Unit, and the training and development of staff that will ensure maximum results
- Manages in-house Network Development operations teams responsible for developing and maintaining the Preferred Dentists Program (PPO) network of dentists nationwide through mail, telephone and onsite visits as deemed necessary and determined by the regional Network Development Specialists in support of regional and national sales organizations.
- Manages in-house Network Development operations teams responsible for developing and maintaining the Dental Health Maintenance Organization (DHMO/DMO) network of dentists nationwide through mail, telephone and onsite visits as deemed necessary and determined by the regional Network Development Specialists in support of regional and national sales organizations.
- Supports all Dental Product Management initiatives as it pertains to the dentist network
- Partners with product development and delivery initiatives related to Dental growth strategies.
- Partners with key business area leads (i.e. operations, technology, training, compliance, legal, and sales) involved in supporting and promoting all Network products.
- Coaches the Network Development and network Data teams and participates in decisions regarding hiring, firing, promotions, performance and compensation management, and training and development.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of Dental Network development experience.
- Advanced knowledge of group insurance industry, competitive landscape, and keeps abreast of industry trends.
- Expert understanding of the dental market segment.
- Strong analytical, complex problem solving, decision-making and strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communication – both verbal and written.
- Excellent planning, organization, and project management skills.
- Focuses on customers, manages performance effectively and inspires a shared vision.
- Ability to work as an effective partner with various management levels and across functional areas.
- DDS or DMD degree not required but preferred
- Clinical Dentistry knowledge/experience is a plus