Fossil is currently looking for a motivated candidate to fill our Tax Director opening reporting to the VP of Tax. The ideal candidate will manage a department of six professionals addressing the Company’s U.S. tax activities, particularly federal and state income tax provisions, compliance with federal, state and local direct and indirect taxobligations, developing tax strategies and driving tax initiatives throughout the organization.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
· Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local tax laws. Oversee the preparation, review and timely filing of federal income, state, franchise, sales and use, GST, and ad valorem estimated tax payments and returns.
· Manage the preparation and review of Company tax provisions by assuring that all tax-related accounts are recorded accurately and in accordance with ASC 740. Review journal entries, reconciliations and components of deferred tax.
· Prepare documentation for and support for uncertain tax positions (FIN48)
· Prepare documentation and support for indirect tax reserves.
· Manage or participate in tax audits, protests and appeals. Negotiate tax audit issues, positions and liabilities with various tax authorities.
· Interpret and analyze legislative changes. Develop and initiate tax planning strategies.
· Perform research on federal and state tax matters.
· Prepare tax disclosures and footnotes for SEC reporting
· Maintain SOX controls relevant to reporting and compliance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· BBA/BS/MS Accounting or LLM
· Certified Public Accountant or Masters in Taxation
· Experience in Tax Provisions
· Strong analytical skills and good judgment
· Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
· Ability to interact and engage with the business unit leaders, governmental auditors, internal and external auditors
· Strong negotiation skills and ability to develop good working relationships
· Ability to recognize and nurture talent, hire, train and retain quality individuals
· Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
· Ability to communicate and educate members of management in tax related matters, as needed
· Ability to interface with internal IT group and external software vendors to ensure company has the appropriate software tools to collect internal data and file returns efficiently
· Minimum of 8-10 years of corporate tax experience
· Hands-on, self-driven, team player with positive attitude