Director, Domestic New Business
Implement the strategic vision for long-term Domestic franchise growth:
- Lead domestic franchise sales and lead generation efforts with strategic development franchise partners.
- Establish and foster successful domestic relationships with current franchisees to achieve unit growth goals.
- Develop and implement action plans for key approved markets (DMA’s) for target development; includes market and partner assessments, building relationships and new market partners.
- Identify and develop targeted markets for higher growth and market penetration.
- Develop plans to attract external franchise partners, identify internal franchise partners and leverage relationships with existing developers and personal contacts.
- Deliver year-over-year on company development targets for new unit growth and net restaurant counts by utilizing effective development processes.
Source, qualify and enroll potential domestic franchise operators to join the brand:
- Initiate and promote new franchise lead generation that attracts prospective multi-unit franchisees.
- Establish and support existing franchisee recruitment program to drive growth of franchise units .
- Execute successful in-market recruiting meetings in identified DMA’s.
- Conduct interviews with potential franchisees; coordinate and guide candidates through the screening process (interviews, financial approvals, work evaluations, discovery days, etc.).
- Finalize franchisee development plans to facilitate franchise sales growth.
- Support the process of opening restaurants to meet the annual opening numbers
- Effectively manage new franchisee approval process to include the selection, evaluation and final approval of new franchisees into the Church’s system.
- Effectively demonstrate strategic thought process to evaluate new market penetration, market conditions and recommend for franchise expansion.
- Manage regional operational and financial documents in the approval process for existing and new franchisees:
- Educate, notify and guide existing franchisees through the development process; operations approval, financial approval, development agreements, real estate, and construction
Position Requirements (Education, Qualifications, Experience):
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Five+ years of experience in a leadership role within restaurant franchise development.
- Experience in managing the franchise sales and development process.
- Must have the ability to interface and maintain excellent professional relationships with a variety of audiences including franchise partners, operations, marketing, finance and legal departments.
- Sound knowledge in forecasting and delivering development plans to accomplish specific goals.
- Proven track record of success in a franchise sales environment, strong sales presentation and prospecting skill.
- Proven track record in recruiting medium and large scale franchisees.
- Capable of developing the recruitment strategies for various markets (DMA’s).
- Good understanding of finance (pro-formas, break evens, balance sheet, credit reports, asset validation, etc.).
- Good understanding of market development – market planning, mapping models.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft office suite programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must have excellent oral and written skills to include formal presentations.
- Willingness to travel extensively within the United States.
- Experience in managing others.
- Can identify new franchisees through previous relationships../.