This is a senior individual contributor role who will drive the creation of multi-year global strategies to hit aggressive acquisition and retention goals for domain name sales, domain value-added products, and the dynamic and growing aftermarket for names.
The role includes identifying and driving new market opportunities and partnering with Product Management to define features to delight customers.
You will be responsible for developing deep customer and competitive insights, communicating compelling value propositions and messaging to a diverse set of customer targets, and developing short and long-term marketing strategies and plans.
The ideal candidatewill have exceptional operational, financial and leadership acumen to drive growth in the $1B+ Domains business. You will report to the Senior Director of Product Marketing for Domains.
- Partner with Product Management leadership to define annual and quarterly roadmap. Own the launch of new products from a marketing perspective and manage the cross-functional implementation of the marketing launch plan.
- Drive quantitative and qualitative customer intelligence in order to better understand customer profiles, needs, and behaviors across our SMB, consumer and domain investor segments
- Develop a compelling product positioning, messaging, naming and benefits platform based on customer and competitive insights that differentiate our products in the market
- Develop innovative marketing strategies and programs to drive adoption of our products and services. Drive the product go-to-market plan.
- Develop and build strong internal and external relationships with key stakeholders in an effort to collaborate and drive the overall business
- 8+ years of progressive experience in marketing, with specific experience in small business/consumer technology-driven brands. Proven experience leading marketing strategy development across acquisition, upsell/x-sell and retention.
- A customer-centric view with a passion for gaining customer insights and translating insights into strategies
- Strong business and marketing acumen, with strong ability to generate creative, original marketing approaches based on customer insights
- Solid analytical ability, with track record of “test and learn” mindset
- Superior leadership qualities, with a track-record of increasing responsibility and results in a cross-functional, team environment
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and simply
- An innate bias toward action and a strong self-starter
- MBA in Marketing preferred.