You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
The Hartford’s Enterprise Data Office – Data Management Services Team is seeking an experienced Solution Architect and thought leader to lead our Master Data Mgmt, Entity Resolution, and Cloud Data Mgmt Services.
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to stay on top of the latest trends in emerging technologies such as Cloud technologies, Big Data, MDM, APIs, Microservices, Data Quality
- Conceptualizing and designing innovative end-to-end software architectures that enable EDO Data Mgmt Services strategic objectives.
This is a technical position that requires 7+ years of relevant industry, and data mgmt experience in the field of Master data, Entity resolution, data enrichment and other emerging trends in maximizing value of data to organizations. You should be passionate for architecting scalable solutions to complex problems in a hands-on manner that meet strategic objectives of cloud adoption while ensuring requirements are met for on-prem data sourcing and consumption patterns. You will be focused on driving end to end solutions architecture for data intensive applications with strong focus towards delivering highly trusted information for access by operational and analytical systems. You will help define reference architectures for MDM, RDM and other Data Services core to managing data as a key asset promoting key architectural principles and best practices for data design, processing, harmonization, mastering, publishing and consumption.
As a senior member of the Data Services leadership team, position requires leadership skills to manage small group of architects, passion for continuous learning, strong customer experience focus, and an openness to improve processes that deliver value for our operational and analytics users community.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing and driving clear, effective, and innovative solution designs aligning to The Hartford’s reference architectures, blueprints, and business and IT strategies across The Hartford’s EDO Technology and Data landscape.
- Responsible for conceptualizing and designing architectures that enable strategic initiatives & technology objectives that consider strategic alignment, scale, reliability, security, complexity, and cost.
- Working closely with EDO and CIO partner teams including engagement leads, scrum masters, Enterprise Architecture team to propose solutions to meet customer requirements
- Evaluating software technology/products for enterprise use.
- Participation with agile teams to ensure architecture standards are being maintained.
- Designing and engineering data architecture best practices for Master Data Mgmt, Entity Resolution, Operational Data processing, real-time, near real-time, micro-batch, large batch integration/ELT, integrating quality rules, and structuring data for operational and analytic consumption.
- Fostering a customer first mindset to ensure delivery of business value and an iterative approach that responds to feedback and changing needs.
- Being accountable for the decisions you propose and a thought leader in their implementation.
- Know how data pipelines should be engineered by structuring data for performance and ease of use.
- Incorporation of DevOps or DataOps practices to drive increased automation
- Ensuring data is structured for reuse through intelligent design and change management to break down operational and data silo’s.
- Designing and engineering cloud automation best practices around developer/data consumer authorization, security controls, and continuous integration/deployment (CI/CD) pipelines for code promotion
- Know how data intensive applications should be engineered for high availability, fault tolerance, separation of duties, observability, and being operator friendly.
- Lead a cross-functional team and/or direct reports in elevating knowledge of cloud solution principles to enable self-service for developers and consumers
- Striving for greatness, challenging the status-quo, and influencing transformational change.
Familiarity with the following:
- Demonstrated complex planning, conceptual, consulting, and communication skills, analytical ability, strong decision making skills as well as management skills.
- Track record of team leadership, talent acquisition, and development.
- Robust Data and Technical/Solutions Architecture skills - sets direction for and possesses a deep understanding of architecture and strategies which integrate with industry trends
- Ability to interact with senior Hartford line of business area, IT management, and staff.
- Experience with Master Data Mgmt platforms, Hadoop, Cloud, NoSQL Graph DBs, and emerging data processing technologies, experience with cloud based data storage and processing technologies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years’ experience as lead architect driving solutions for data intensive processes focused on mastering, data curation, enrichment, resolution, publishing, and consumption
- 3+ years of proven experience with cloud based technologies on data ingestion, integration, persistence and control based access
- 2+ years leading technical team of architects
- Proven experience dealing with diverse data assets and formats - XML, CSV, JSON, relational, parquet, avro, etc.
- Ability to work with a diverse team of stakeholders to prioritize and manage many simultaneous deliverables
- Effective writing and presentation skills: clearly communicates complex technical and business concepts to leaders and key stakeholders in both technical and non-technical roles
- Passion and ability to independently learn new technologies and data related approaches
- Ability to think strategically, assessing business goals and translating them into technical roadmaps
- Data Management expertise developing, executing and supervising plans, policies, programs, and practices
- Experience in the Development of Data Strategy and associated policies
- Agile experience/mindset. Portfolio delivery experience, engaging in the full lifecycle experience, from planning to delivery and management of the solution lifecycle to produce solution designs that are viable and can be successfully constructed, implemented, operated and managed
- A strategic outlook and bring thought leadership to every task
- Focus on action, shipping mindset, DevOps and DataOps practices
- Exposure to IBM MDM, Quantexa Entity Resolution, APIs, GraphQL, ElasticSearch
- General experience with AWS Services and DevOps