Description: Provides leadership of the Kaiser Permanente's regional diversity program by managing, refining and implementing structure/resources to ensure successful execution of the program. Enhances workforce cultural competence and diversity skills. Serves as the primary point of contact on diversity program to regulatory agencies. Provides legislative analysis on pending and passed bills at the state and federal level.
- Provide dynamic and strategic vision and leadership for Kaiser Permanente.
- Possess the capacity to help move KP forward as a leader in promoting and providing health care that meets the unique needs of diverse patients.
- Create a workplace that respects and embraces the diversity among our employees.
- Responsible for overseeing the implementation of the NCAL Regional Strategic Plan.
- Provide leadership to and participate on the NCAL Regional Diversity Council.
- Accountable for ensuring the Council receives the necessary support and resources to complete the diversity initiatives of the organization.
- Provide direction and leadership to the organization to enhance the diversity, cultural competence, skill and performance of the workforce. Organizational areas include Human Resources, Staff Multi-cultural associations, local diversity councils, Community and Govt. Relations, Marketing, Member Services, Health Plan Regulatory Services, and Regional Health Education.
- Designs and disseminates educational components of the Diversity Program. This will include collaboration with several functional areas such as TPMG, Health Education, Quality, Learning and Development, Health Plan Regulatory Services and other pertinent functional groups.
- Establish retention/promotion programs to increase the diversity of the employee and leadership population.
- Establish procedures regarding implementation of diversity program.
- Assess program impact on workforce.
- Provide input to achieve KP as the employer of choice concept.
- Possess the skills needed to work effectively in developing, implementing achieving buy-in and measuring the results of a strategic Diversity Plan.
- In collaboration with Human Resources, develops methods to celebrate diversity, e.g., share learning from the medical centers, ensure annual recognition events, health/employment fairs, scholarships, etc. with financial oversight and direction to the multicultural associations.
- Coordinate market segment strategies; also, may identify and develop programs for groups requiring special focus.
- Establish clearinghouse for Diversity Information/Resources as best practices emerge.
- Minimum five (5) years of project management experience with demonstrated ability to determine key business issues and develop effective action plans from a multi-disciplinary perspective.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, human resources, health care administration, operations research, public health administration or other related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Working knowledge of the federal CLAS standards. Knowledge and experience in application of ADA, EEO and Affirmative Actions laws.
- Diversity/human resources experience in a health care setting.
- Demonstrated project/program management skills.
- Ability to determine key diversity business issues and develop appropriate action plans from multi-disciplinary perspectives.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- The individual must possess transformational leadership skills and the experience to lead large, multidisciplinary teams.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a partnership environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups.
- Collaborative leadership style with proven ability to manage successfully through influence with internal and external clients.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a leadership position.
- Master's degree preferred.
Job Number: 629199