Uniqueness is powerful. Diversity fuels the Un-carrier spirit. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day.
T-Mobile is seeking a Director, Diversity & Inclusion Engagement to join our dynamic and innovative Diversity and Inclusion team as a strategist and execution focused leader of our Employee Resource Groups and local D&I Chapters across the United States. T-Mobile's D&I team drives business value for our company by establishing D&I strategies and initiatives that influence talent acquisition, leadership development, employee engagement and retention programs.
The Director, D&I Engagement will lead a team of 6 employees, and interface with and influence across a wide set of enterprise-wide stakeholders.
What you'll do in your role.
Going a little deeper, we're inviting you to:
- Work with the Vice President of Diversity & Inclusion, the D&I team and other HR and business functions on the development and implementation of diversity and inclusion strategies, programs, and initiatives, including leadership development, recruitment, performance management, mentorship, employee engagement and retention.
- Develop short- and long-term vision, strategy and planning for the growth and evolution of 6 Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and 53 local D&I Chapters with current population of 21,000+ employees to support business goals.
- Provide "outside the box" thought leadership and expertise in growing and supporting the ERGs.
- Set performance direction by translating broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and individual goals.
- Serve as primary point of contact for the ERGs and Executive Sponsors to provide guidance and support to advance their strategic plans. Build and maintain solid, trusted relationships with these key stakeholders.
- Define KPIs, metrics and reporting, with a goal of effectively tracking and measuring engagement.
- Bridge D&I networks with D&I talent development initiatives; align strategy and programs for each business unit's unique needs.
- Define and refine priorities and team goals based on evolving needs of the business and stakeholders.
- Set budgets and identify D&I campaigns for the calendar year.
- Partner with internal TMUS leaders in support of D&I initiatives including Corporate Responsibility to identify nonprofit partners.
- Stay current with leading research on D&I initiatives and topics.
- Provide benchmark and research analysis, including monitoring and reporting on diversity and inclusion topics.
The experience you'll bring.
While the quality and accomplishments of a person's career will be the determining factor, the finalist must have the following requisite qualifications:
- A visionary leader with 10+ years' experience developing and executing creative Diversity and Inclusion strategies at a complex organization that's achieved great success in its D&I objectives.
- Proven, progressive experience (5+ years' minimum) in a people-focused function, with demonstrated effectiveness leading diversity and inclusion related initiatives and programs.
- Proven experience and positive track record of successfully managing teams directly and indirectly.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong cross-functional relationships to achieve common goals
- Ability to handle complex D&I issues with discretion, self-awareness and sound judgment to successful conflict resolution across all levels of the organization
- Advanced consulting and facilitation skills with a demonstrated ability to adapt style to the needs of stakeholders. An excellent mediator who actively advises leaders and team members alike for best business outcomes.
- Strong business, financial and legal acumen
- Strong knowledge of diversity metrics, research and analytics
- Experience with talent development and talent pipelining is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; a diplomatic and direct communicator who can distill information into a digestible presentation for senior executives
Enough about what you've done. Let's talk about who you are.
- An exceptional influencer with solid interpersonal skills and executive presence
- An inspirational leader who demonstrates leadership with integrity, accountability, and trust
- A servant leader and talent magnet who people are excited to follow
- Exceptional strategic thinker with the ability to frame an idea into a solid business plan
- A strong and agile team player who's able to manages multiple projects
- Executive presence and maturity to challenge thinking and present ideas at a high level
- Excellent credibility, expertise and passion for D&I
- Innovative and thinks outside the box
- Incredibly self-aware; knows their own lens and can step back and see things objectively
- A true hands-on doer who loves to execute in a fast-paced environment
- Proactively seeks ways to improve personal and organizational effectiveness to meet current and future business needs. Learns equally from successes and failures.
- Excellent project management skills