The Director, Diversity, Inclusion & Employee Experience will be responsible for leading CME Group’s diversity and inclusion (D&I) strategy and guiding the development of cross functional programs, resources and communications to enhance CME’s Employee Experience. This includes partnering closely cross functionally with other members of the HR team (e.g., HR business partners, Recruiting, PDOE), the Diversity & Inclusion Council, and business leaders to identify priorities, further develop our D&I strategy, manage implementation of programs and policies, track progress, and advance a strong culture of inclusion and engagement that serves the best interests of our clients, employees, and shareholders.
- Develop, implement, and evolve our company-wide D&I strategy in partnership with key stakeholders and aligned to business goals and objectives, with focus in areas of recruitment, talent management, leadership development, learning & development that advances our overall employee experience.
- Lead programs/plans/initiatives in partnership with other HR teams, leveraging the D&I Council and the D&I Executive Committee to ensure strong alignment with business leaders
- Serve as trusted advisor and subject matter expert on D&I and efforts to enhance CME’s overall employee experience.
- Evaluate D&I strategy and progress through a data driven approach; utilize data to help inform priorities and measure the effectiveness of programs and initiatives; conduct research and benchmarking analysis, including monitoring and reporting on D&I topics, to identify best practices, and make recommendations for strategies and solutions that support a culture of inclusion.
- Effectively communicate and present D&I strategy and initiatives to executive leadership.
- Support our Employee Network Groups (ENG), with focus on growth, collaboration and alignment with the corporate diversity and inclusion strategy
- Identify, build, and sustain community partnerships to support diversity and inclusion projects/plans/initiatives and business strategies.
- Collaborate with the professional development team to develop training programs and a D&I-focused curriculum to educate employees and leaders about unconscious bias and inclusion and diversity best practices and behaviors.
- Collaborate with the Corporate Communications team to produce regular internal communications that promote CME Group’s D&I initiatives, programming, events and progress as well as those that promote our overall employee experience (employee value proposition).
- Collaborate with the ESG Working Group to represent CME Group’s D&I efforts and metrics in ESG reports.
- Schedule, coordinate and lead regular meetings with the D&I working group, the D&I Executive Committee and the D&I Council.
- Provide ongoing evaluation and consultation with HR teams to ensure alignment of programs to our Employee Value Proposition. Guide the evolution of an integrated framework and communications strategy to ensure employees and managers harness the full potential of CME’s employee value proposition.
Skills and Software Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in human resource management, business or public administration, or closely related field
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in human resources with some of this including direct responsibility for corporate diversity and inclusion strategy and program execution; driving positive change in a corporate environment and development of cross functional talent programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle complex issues with discretion, serving as a mediator and guide to successful conflict resolution across all levels of the organization.
- Analytical skills with the ability to use data to create, develop and execute people strategies.
- Project management experience
- Proven proficiency in building and maintaining relationships with both internal and external networks
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Senior Professional (SHRM-SCP) preferred
- Certified Diversity Professional (CDP); Certified Diversity Executive (CDE); Cornell Certified Diversity Professional (CCDP); or other related diversity certification preferred