This role serves as a champion, change agent and subject matter expert committed to creating a culture of inclusion. The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (D&I) Leader will ensure that diversity, equity and inclusion principles, practices and processes are embedded across the talent life cycle and work environment. Ensures the voice of employees at all levels of the organization are welcome and involved in the formation of programs and practices to include affinity groups, Diversity & Inclusion committees, focus groups and other activities.
The Diversity and Inclusion Leader will partner with Senior Business Leaders, Corporate HR, Corporate Communications & Marketing and other key partners to drive D&I Strategy and Talent Development road map globally. Responsible for the design, development and integration of targeted Learning and Talent Management programs and initiatives that align to the organization’s global Diversity and Inclusion strategy.
- Build strong relationships with business leaders to develop a deep understanding of the business and increase awareness and understanding of D&I as a critical business imperative and drive the key pillars of the global strategy into relevant initiatives.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the strategic planning, design, implementation and monitoring of key Diversity, Equity and Inclusion programs throughout the talent life cycle, ensuring plans are aligned with PRA’s D&I philosophy, Talent Development frameworks and organizational strategies and goals.
- Represent the company internally and externally at various forums and events, consistently role modeling PRA CARES values and behaviors.
- Own the development and delivery of training programs that drive D&I awareness, understanding and action, ensuring collaboration with business units and key stakeholders.
- In collaboration with Corporate Communications, helps to build and manage the communication strategy for promoting and highlighting D&I programs globally supporting brand promotion and evolution.
- Design framework and approach, and manages the implementation of affinity groups, including nomination, selection, event management, stakeholder communication and success metrics.
- Partners with HR Leadership to ensure D&I principles and processes are embedded into global talent management programs such as Performance Management, Talent Review, Succession Planning and High-Potential Identification, and Total Rewards programs/practices.
- Regularly measure and analyze, report and present data, highlighting areas of strength and weakness, providing consultative support to identify opportunities, interventions, and initiatives for improvement.
- Establish consistent metrics and reporting to enable leaders to assess performance, inform decisions on how to achieve objectives, and assess the ROI.
- Acts as internal D&I subject matter expert by taking a balanced consultative and systemic approach to enable the organization to capitalize on D&I for global success through strategic and tactical/operational execution.
- Provide leadership and coaching, when appropriate, to managers via one-to-one and group interactions.
- Proactively engages in the identification of diversity best practices and benchmarks as input to designing and implementing initiatives, keeps abreast of emerging trends and opportunities.
- Designs and pilots programs to retain and develop diverse talent with ability to measure through metrics and other methods.
- Program Management and Cross Group Coordination for D&I activities to include:
- Drive programs objectives through program management and defined project plans; manage implementation activities, and develop processes, documentation and communications for program/process roll out and ongoing support.
- Communicate new/updated programs, policies, and processes to leaders, employees, and cross functional organizations.
Must be able to eventually relocate to the Norfolk / Virginia Beach, Virginia area post COVID-19 quarantine.
- 5+ years professional level work experience in a corporate environment preferably in the areas of D&I, HR, Corporate Strategy, Communications or Marketing
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working specifically in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (D&I) work, leading and management D&I programs and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in cultural studies, ethnic studies, social services, psychology, organizational development, behavioral sciences business, human resources or related field
- Global D&I program management experience preferred
- Relevant professional certifications (PHR/SPHR, SHRM, ICF Coaching, PMP, etc.)
- Possesses cultural awareness, sensitivity, and flexibility, with a knowledge of principles, methods, and tools of Diversity & Inclusion.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate metrics, research, and trends into strategy and improvement opportunities.
- Strong program and project management skills, with demonstrated ability to operationalize and scale programs focused on diversity and inclusion
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and ambiguity.
- Attention to detail and a highly organized, process-focused aptitude are required to manage the variety of responsibilities and deliverables.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to incorporate diversity, inclusion, and belonging into company goals and objectives
- Ability to motivate, influence and optimize working relationships with senior leadership, stakeholders and peer groups; ability to challenge conventional wisdom.
- Ability to deal tactfully and persuasively with a wide variety of staff including Senior Executives
- Excellent communicator and collaborator, with the ability to build trusting relationships, manage stakeholder expectations and influence employees across all levels of the company.
- Influences others without direct authority to achieve solutions to meet organization’s objectives, and is proactive in providing solutions, resolving issues and overcoming hurdles to results. Effectively collaborates with partners to resolve.
- Exceptional facilitation and presentations skills.
- Possesses strong executive presence, consistently representing the company in a professional manner internally and externally.
- Passion for diverse talent attraction, retention, development and inclusion