Director Distribution Operations
8 - 10 years experience • Biotech/Pharma
Director of Distribution Operations for leading global Pharmaceutical company
- Director of Distribution Operations
- Indianapolis, IN
- $120,000 - $140,000 + bonus + benefits package
A global leading pharmaceutical business is looking to recruit a new Director of Operations as part of a company wide new global initiative to drive quality and excellence. You will act as the leading Director representing the business at the key 3PL DC and work hands on with the staff to deliver continuous improvement, run the pick & pack operations (inbound, outbound, warehouse operations), and raise the standards to meet and exceed expectations.
- Act as key leader at the site and oversee end to end distribution operations
- Review site and staff performance proactively via data and reports to monitor trends and drive continuous improvement efforts to address gaps
- Partner 3PL to improve IT systems, generate meaningful reports and & update systems as required
- Create KPIs for each aspect of the Operation such as labor utilization and increased demand
- Ensure a safe work environment meeting OSHA standards and work with the 3PL to identify gaps and develop remediation plans
- Serve as company contact for Quality & Safety Compliance and ensure you drive a safe and compliant culture.
- Maintain strong partnership with the 3PL to address Quality and Safety issues with a high sense of urgency
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- 7years (min) management experience in a manufacturing, production, or distribution environment
- Proven experience managing distribution operations for regulated products or a regulated environment
- 3years (min) running large, high volume pick & pack operations
- Experience with hourly workforce.
- LEAN or Six Sigma certification and experience
- Great communication skills
- Experience with SAP & other warehouse management systems- enough acumen to dictate system changes as needed