This leadership position is responsible for the operation of the apparel fulfillment in NADC2 for Callaway Golf Company including all value-added services – logo sales operations, in-house embroidery, customer-specific VAS requirements, etc. This person will work with the cross-branded Sales, Service, Supply Chain, Finance, Quality, and Continuous Improvement Teams to ensure effective management and performance of the NADC2 operations as well as to identify, evaluate and deliver improvement opportunities. The position will guide all cost control, productivity improvement, lean practices and best practice application across the fulfillment platform in NADC2. In addition, the Director will establish short and long range planning for the operation, which includes capacity planning, store service requirements, and efficient work flow processing.
Role and Responsibilities
Lead, Plan and Oversee NA Distribution and Warehouse Operations
- Service the market. The one person responsible to internal and external customers for all NADC2 apparel operations. Responsible for the evolution of the culture and processes as a service organization to ensure that everything possible is being done to deliver the Perfect Order.
- Performance. Work closely with key stakeholders, including Brand Sales Operations team and Customer Service, to manage fulfillment performance in achieving all operating targets – SQDCM (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Morale).
- Communication. Responsible for driving the process that enables information flow through all required communication channels, including Quarterly business reviews with key stakeholders.
- Drive the strategy for improving key performance indicators including but not limited to safety, quality to the customer, delivery, cost, and the morale of the team.
- Focus. Ensure that the hours invested by everyone in the team on a daily/weekly/monthly basis are in line with brand, organizational and market/customer demands.
- People. Utilizing all available resources, ensure that the support processes and events are in place to engage the team in the business, sustain the morale, align the culture in the building with the guarantee targeted/meaningful development at all levels, provide effective performance review and feedback, and ensure that both outstanding performers and challenges are visible and moving through the respective processes. Lead active engagement of the team in the “red chair” culture.
Develop, implement and monitor NA Apparel Distribution strategy
- Develop, implement and maintain the NA Distribution strategy to ensure brand and company business requirements are achieved.
- Working with the cross-functional team, provide innovative, strategic recommendations to manage NA Distribution, and subsequently work with internal and external partners to gain approval and implement recommendations.
- Collaborate with brand operations, customers, functional peers, and senior management to evaluate the effects of NADC2 operational decisions and performance on the business.
Foster Lean Principles and Drive continuous improvement
- Ensure a culture of continuous improvement is present, ideas are flowing, and outcomes are being achieved
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders, including Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Sales Operations, Customer Service, Transportation and 3PL providers, to identify improvement opportunities in all areas
- Review and assess improvement opportunities; prioritize the work, and collaborate with staff to drive to implementation
Expand and grow Distribution Center operations infrastructure
- Coach, mentor and train distribution and warehouse talent, including developing and grooming successor
- Develop and deploy Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) within NA distribution centers and Canada custom club operations that are integrated with global operations
- Develop, implement and manage standard KPIs in US, Mexican and Canadian Distribution Centers and Warehouses as well as Canadian custom club centers to ensure effective performance
- Establish and conduct daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly performance management of DC operations
- Design, implement and drive core management routines to manage DC operations
- Responsible for working collaboratively with Global Operations, including Supply Chain, Transportation, Trade Compliance, Demand Planning, Brand Sales Operations, Customer Service, Manufacturing and IT, to achieve corporate and/or North America objectives
- Responsible for maintaining a positive, collaborative relationship between the direct team, business partners and external service providers
- Responsible for managing department budget reporting and delivering monthly updates on actual against plans/budget
- Ensures compliance with corporate and functional governance structure
All other duties as assigned
Technical Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Lean/FLOW as a core competency – demonstrated results
- Apparel fulfillment operations - distribution, value-added services, logistics – in omni-channel brands (wholesale, owned retail, e-commerce, and BOPIS)
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Strong independent analytical skills including the use and application of Lean and Six Sigma techniques
- Leadership ability; track record of leading and motivating a workforce to meet site, brand, and company goals
- Skilled in managing multiple projects and responsibilities in an agile, dynamic environment
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Excellent judgment/decision making, conflict resolution, directing, developing, and motivating people
- Proficient in computer use, MS Word, Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SAP transactions and SAP EWM
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills required
Education and Experience
- 10+ years of progressive experience in a fulfillment/distribution leadership role
- Bachelors degree required
- Experience managing and implementing 3PL operational distribution centers in North America