$150K — $250K *
We seek an experienced scientist to lead evaluation and prioritization of new program ideas for treating serious and poorly managed diseases, with the goal of maintaining a sustainable product-focused portfolio.
Reporting to the Chief Scientist, the individual will work with the Viridian leadership team to canvas the external landscape and identify differentiated product concepts that can be pursued using creative technologies and product profiles. This individual will also be responsible for building a New Projects team, and for establishing the necessary competitive intelligence tools for the New Projects function.
This role is an opportunity to help shape the future of Viridian by charting new paths to improve patients’ lives.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Lead and conduct evaluation of project ideas, synthesizing competitive and commercial landscapes, unmet medical needs, validation of biological mechanism, and opportunity for accelerated project execution.
• Develop approaches for triaging and prioritizing new project opportunities.
• Communicate data, analyses, and recommendations to peers and senior management to enable robust decision-making for resource allocation to new projects.
• Partner with senior leadership to launch new R&D projects.
• Establish competitive intelligence mechanisms to keep the company informed of scientific, clinical, and commercial data.
• Lead a team of 2-4 scientists and market analysts, to maintain the Viridian pipeline of new projects.
• An advanced degree in a biological discipline or medicine, and a minimum four (4) years of relevant industrial experience. Interest in both business and science of therapeutics discovery and development
• Entrepreneurial attitude
• Ability to evaluate scientific, clinical, and commercial aspects of drug discovery and development.
• Exceptional communication skills to summarize and present new project ideas to peers and senior management.
• Ability to manage a cross functional team of 2-4 people. Experience in antibody therapeutics highly desired.
This role will be based in Viridian’s Waltham, MA office, but remote work, including from the Company’s office in Boulder CO may be considered.
Valid through: 3/19/2021
$150K — $200K
3 days ago