The Hartford is looking for a leader to develop and lead the system, process and workforce integration strategies within its Disability Financial Services function within The Hartford’s Group Benefit Insurance business. This position will have oversight for a broad set of functions that are accountable for the client set up of the Disability Payroll Processing system during customer implementation inclusive of their taxation, payment processing and reporting needs. The role further oversees the daily claim processing cycle and ongoing financial, tax and customer reporting needs of the disability claim payment process.
This is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned leader with deep disability disbursement, tax withholding and third party payor administrator experience. The successful candidate with have demonstrated the ability to guide a diverse and complex function through a significant transformation as we integrate the former Aetna Group Insurance Business with The Hartford in addition to ensuring daily execution and SLA’s are achieved. The background of this candidate must include fully insured as well as employer self-funded disability claims experience and financial services as a third-party payer. Disability disbursement is largely a payroll practice and the candidate must also have experience with the generally accepted workflows and audit controls required for this type of function. This includes but is not limited to adherence to both internal and plan sponsor external audit standards as well as robust Soc1 Controls.
The primary accountabilities are:
- Provide strategic direction, visionary thinking, seasoned judgment, financial acumen and leadership when making decisions as it relates to the customer and beneficiary service experience of the disability financial services system configuration and disability payroll processing functions.
- Develop the operations strategy for these functions inclusive of innovation, automation, forecasting, staffing and organization alignment. Responsible for a combined workforce of approximately 40 staff inclusive of employees and offshore vendor partners servicing approximately $2.7B of premium with disbursements on a monthly basis exceeding $200M.
- This position will work with a broad group of leaders across the business and functional areas including Sales, Claims, Finance, Banking, Tax and Human Resources to develop and execute on the short term and longer term strategy as the function is integrated at The Hartford. The incumbent will be responsible for an operating budget of approximately $1.9M
- Lead the multi-year disability claim payment expansion and conversion strategy.
- This individual is responsible for providing leadership direction to his/her team with ultimate accountability for service timeliness, quality, customer satisfaction and efficiency objectives.
- Will be accountable to lead the team through The Hartford Way deployment in 2019 and the successful incumbent will achieve their organizational objectives through achievement of operational excellence, process improvements, financial discipline and accountability to reduce year over year unit costs. In addition they will maintain a high degree of focus on the cultural integration to provide high engagement and a positive work experience for our employees.
- Leadership Development - Accountable for creating and providing clear direction to continually strengthen and develop leadership talent and building a strong leadership pipeline.
- Partnership/Influencing - Accountable for developing collaborative relationships both internally and externally.
- 7-10 years + in a leadership role in the financial disability disbursement services; 2 years minimum at the Director level or equivalent
- Experience with PeopleSoft Third Party Payor payroll process is highly desirable; or similar experiences with other commercially available vendor products
- Operations, Claim or financial management leadership experience required
- Transformational leadership experience specifically with conversion to new platforms and processes a significant plus. Strong strategic management experiences required
- Strong critical thinking skills as they relate to financial acumen
- Strong interpersonal skills as it relates to building organization relationships and inspiring trust.
- Strong leadership as it relates to attracting and developing talent, empowering others, influencing and negotiating and leadership versatility
- College degree required
Location: Strong preference for the role to be based in Hartford, CT or Plantation, FL. Can also be based in Phoenix, AZ, Portland, ME, Sacramento, CA, Minneapolis, MN or other Hartford disability claim offices.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age.