This position provides leadership to and is ultimately accountable for the development, coordination, administration and growth ofDean Medical Group’s (DMG) Direct-to-Employer Services. Services include, but are not limited to, a broad range ofoccupational health care, on-site/near-site primary care, industrial rehabilitation*, wellness*, and worker’s compensation and case management services*. This position coordinates efforts across multiple SSM/Dean entities (Dean Medical Group, Dean Health Insurance, Dean Retail Services, St Mary’s Hospital-Madison, St Mary’s Hospital-Janesville, and St Clare Hospital-Baraboo), striving to develop consistent programs, processes and workflows toservice the corporate client. This position will also partner withcounterpart leaders in the Monroe and Fond du Lac Regions.
This position proactively leads stability and growth in DTE services by focusing on corporate client needs, identifying effective program metrics, negotiating contracts, researching and developing innovative new products and programs, partnering withmarketing, Business Development and Dean Health Plan sales teams, working effectively with companies who may be 1) insured by Dean Health Insurance, 2) insured elsewhere, and 3) self-insured to attain their individual goals. Leads continual improvement efforts in delivery of clinical quality, safety, cost effectiveness, service and ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
1. Responsible for the development and implementation of SSM-WI’s Direct-to-Employer long-range business plans within theparameters of the SSM-WI strategic plan. Annually reviews thekey elements and develops goals with appropriate action plans. Collaborates with SSM/Dean leadership, as well as outside sources to develop and implement strategic plans.
2. Serves as the primary contact for business inquiries directed toSSM-WI, and serves as an ongoing contact for corporate clients regarding resolution of issues, engaging appropriate SSM/Dean Entities and individual departments as applicable.
3. Develops, implements, enhances and promotes employer-sponsored programs, measurement of outcomes, and effectiveness of case management to meet the needs ofemployees and employers. Included but not limited to Nurse Coaching, On-Site, Near-Site clinics and utilization of telehealth services.
4. Oversees the development of Direct-to-Employer marketing strategies and the development and distribution of collateral material. Ensures SSM-WI’s participation in strategic exhibitor opportunities, public relations and corporate sponsored events.
5. Collaborates with SSM-WI Director of Business Development, executives and management teams to expand service area and scope of services offered. Initiates development of new services as required. Builds strong relationships within SSM/Dean entities.
6. Direct contact and collaborator with Director of Employer Health Services and other employer focused executives and teams employed by SSM Dean Health Insurance.
7. Develops effective communication strategies to ensure that executive teams, administrators, clinical/ancillary managers and providers are kept abreast of SSM-WI’s Direct-to-Employer developments.
8. Consultant to corporations and business organizations for occupational health and injured worker services via on-site visits, telephone and other media. Works collaboratively with SSM/Dean entities and individual departments to assure corporate clients’ contracts are appropriately designed and service needs are met.
9. Oversees development of appropriate, individualized business service protocol specifications to meet corporate clients’ needs, often collaborating with SSM/Dean colleagues on service development opportunities and/or expansion of existing service lines. Demonstrates fiscal prudence in producing accurate and sound business initiatives.
10. Accountable for the overall financial results of the SSM-WI Direct-to-Employer product line, including program pricing, budgeting, financial forecasts and profitability.
11. Accountable for overall delivery of the SSM-WI Direct-to-Employer sales function. Assures development of short and longrange sales plan and goals, including prospecting, submission ofproposals, measurement of marketing and sales activity against goals, and maintenance of existing corporate accounts.
12. Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs and results. Provide measureable outcomes to theleadership on a quarterly basis or as suggested.
13. Directly manage major and critical developing customer accounts, and coordinate the management of all other accounts across the team.
14. Research and develop strategies which identify marketing, sales & new product development opportunities.
15. Accountable for managing, coordinating and planning patient care and business service workflows, including achievement ofquality patient care and satisfaction standards and adherence toestablished medical practice standards and proficiency.
16. Responsible for the development, revision, and review ofdepartmental policies, procedures, standards and staff development within service line.
17. Responsible for the provision of services which achieve or exceed industry care standards, safety standards and /or quality benchmarks. Ensures that standards, policies and procedures are communicated and understood by all service line employees.
18. Assures utilization of process improvement and LEAN strategies, as well as engagement of care teams to develop standardized processes ensuring future customer satisfaction.
19. Ensures clinical services provided by the program comply with regulatory agency guidelines including: OSHA, NIOSH, DOT and WI Dept of Health and Social Services. Utilizes information from various regulatory sources and specific client information to establish appropriate medical surveillance programs.
20. Monitor relevant industry and regulatory changes and clearly articulate to internal/external stakeholders.
21. Serves as an internal content expert for SSM-WI physicians, staff and administration regarding employer-focused services and Occupational Health, as well as corporate client specifications, protocols and maintenance of competitive fee structures.
22. Provides oversight and leadership for direct reports which includes: performance management, recruitment, staff development and orientation/training. Maintains a liaison relationship between the corporate client and SSM/Dean clinical departments to ensure high service quality is consistently delivered and billed.
23. Collaborates with Decision Support resources to define and build appropriate routine reporting metrics, as well as ad hoc analyses regarding fee setting, proposed corporate services and other business needs.
24. Assures collection and analysis of injury/illness data todetermine potential health and safety issues for customers on a regular basis. Makes appropriate recommendations to leadership regarding software and technological system support required toreport standard metrics routinely to corporate clients.
25. Other duties as needed.
1. Bachelor’s degree in business administration, healthcare administration or related field. Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in business/program development.
2. Three to five years of supervisory experience.
3. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
4. Proven critical thinking and problem solving abilities, including resolving complex problems requiring innovative solutions.
5. Strong analytical and presentation skills.
6. History of strong relationship building skills with high customer service ratings.
7. Ability to present oneself and one’s ideas with clarity, confidence and poise.
1. Occupational health experience.
2. Master’s degree in business, administration, or related field.
3. Demonstrated success working with healthcare providers.
4. Successful outcomes utilizing process improvement.
5. Demonstrated success in high level change management.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform theessential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform theessential functions.
1. Ability to sit for extended periods while performing various tasks.
2. Ability to continuously see fine print and to use the computer.
3. Ability to continuously perform fine motor tasks, such as computer, calculator, writing or phone tasks.
4. Ability to hear and converse on the phone and in person.
5. Ability to safely drive a personal vehicle on a weekly basis and comply with the Company’s Fleet/Driver Safety Program.
About SSM Health Dean Clinic-
Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network ofmore than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013.