Vitamix is unquestionably the premium brand of high-performance “blenders,” but if you talk to people that own one, they rarely refer to it that way. It’s a “Vitamix” and is often considered as a piece of culinary ‘fitness equipment’ that is a critical part of a daily health routine and more broadly, a healthy way of life. And, it comes in a multitude of colors that allows anyone to match it to their other kitchen appliances - you don’t put it away, you show it off. Who knew fitness could taste this good?!
For consumers, Vitamix can be found domestically in places like William Sonoma, Sur la Table, Crate & Barrel, Target, Amazon, and at Vitamix.com. But with offices in the US and UK, Vitamix is found in over 130 countries around the world.
Ultimately, Vitamix is the Global-leader in high-performance blending solutions for home and commercial use, is preferred by more chefs than any other brand and is found in the top 50 restaurants in the world. It is relied upon by over 150 culinary schools in the US and has been used to train more than 52,000 students and master chefs worldwide. If it is not a Vitamix, it’s just a blender.
Vitamix is seeking a Director, DTC to be a leader within the Marketing organization. This newly-created role will be responsible for driving growth for DTC business through Vitamix.com and other direct selling initiatives. This role will work holistically with our Ecomm selling team to align on overall Ecommerce strategies. This will involve building a robust and holistic approach to all digital activity. The successful candidate will be accountable for creating and leading a digital strategy that creates brand love and ultimately drives to conversion and engagement. This role will utilize consumer, market, and digital insights to adapt to new and emerging trends within the category. The ideal candidate will be collaborative with other leaders in the Marketing organization and work towards a holistic growth plan across the brand.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Ecommerce Strategy and P&L Ownership
- Develop a DTC and Ecommerce selling strategy; identify key priorities to accelerate the business.
- Create a focused, functional organization and drive collaboration with key stakeholders to execute the strategy across markets.
- Utilize a general management approach to establish a functional P&L with initiatives to drive sustainable sales, market share, and profit.
- Develop and lead a strategic planning process that prioritizes key areas of growth and capitalizes on new and emerging areas of development.
- Translate Vitamix’s brand vision to the online channel and execute strategies that help build a stronger relationship with core consumers and customers.
- Assess current tools and technologies and partner with IT to create long-term plan for future business needs.
- Grow DTC business by outlining key initiatives for growth.
- Manage all direct selling activities and assess new channels of distribution for brand and consumer fit.
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of the Vitamix product launch calendar, including new product introductions, promotions, and other marketing programs.
- Deploy channel management and oversee promotional calendar to create profitable ecommerce business across Vitamix.com, Amazon/PurePlay, 3P/Retailer.com, and other direct selling channels in conjunction with global selling team.
- Lead and manage the Vitamix SEO and on-site search strategy. Share best practices with regions for local implementation. Evaluate all areas of search including all retail partner initiatives.
Consumer Engagement and CRM/Relationship Branding
- Lead consumer acquisition across the brand and develop and execute strategies across all markets.
- Enhance Vitamix.com as a destination for our consumers and build communities to engage and target our most raving fans.
- Develop and enhance current platforms such as Vitamix Rewards and Vitamix 360.
- Evaluate and build effective relationships with our affiliate partners to execute brand and online strategies that feed into all commercial activities.
- Enhance the digital content process and identify key priorities and areas of focus. Enhance the current content calendar process and drive for best-in-class results to meet consumers’ needs.
- Partner with Marketing on ecommerce’s specific needs including samples, online exclusives, brand site differentiation, and promotional elements.
- Define architecture, infrastructure, and operational requirements to fulfill ecommerce and digital business strategy.
- Identify and assess current platforms and tools; provide recommendations on go forward plans that align with strategy and lead to meeting desired end state.
- Partner with Operations, Marketing, and Customer Service teams to ensure a seamless and positive customer experience.
- Be a key member of the IT Steering Committee.
- Maintain a cadence of monthly business reviews to evaluate all areas of digital marketing and selling.
- Develop and maintain global analytics dashboards utilizing KPIs to be reported to Leadership Team.
- Maintain a process of continuous improvement and optimization as a key pillar to the functional team.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- Alignment with Vitamix’s culture and CORE which defines its Purpose, Mission, and Values.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Expertise around Vitamix competencies: Accountability, Strategic Vision, Business Acumen, Critical Thinking, Leads for High Performance, Creativity, Prioritization.
- Have a passion for design and trends and bring that passion to our brands in the work environment.
- Ability to translate brand vision to the online channel and execute strategies that lead the company consistently towards that vision.
- Experience selecting, scoping, and managing agencies and consultants including instituting formal measurement metrics.
- Proven success in executing a comprehensive category strategy that is integrated across multiple consumer touch points, including digital and in-store.
- Experience with an international brand and an understanding of differences between countries and cultures, especially as it relates to bringing projects to life in multiple markets.
- Demonstrated success/ability working in a matrixed environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work on and lead a cross-functional team.
- 15 years’ experience in E-Commerce and Digital Marketing; 8 years’ leadership experience including building an organization
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, or related field. MBA preferred.