We are a results-driven culture, with a keen focus on collaboration + acceleration. We work hard, We win as a team, and We honor the diversity of skills brought by the collective.
What’s in it for YOU
We aim to help you figure out exactly where you see yourself in our business. Whatever your passion, we will support you in getting the skills necessary to make your mark.
The Director of Digital Services Compliance is responsible for developing and establishing an effective program for guidance and advisory support to the Bank’s direct banking solutions. The Director of Digital Services Compliance is responsible for oversight of the third-party service provider to assure compliance with a broad range of laws, rules, regulations, and regulatory guidance pertaining to the implementation of online banking services and incorporation of systems and technology to manage compliance risks.
The Director of Digital Services is responsible for the implementation and oversight of the Bank’s Direct Banking Solutions Compliance Program effective in preventing, detecting and mitigating violations of applicable law while ensuring the Bank remains aligned to its digital banking strategy. The Director ensure that the payments, banking or financial-technology (“fin-tech”) industry and related legal issues, including the laws, rules and regulations related to banks, bank partners, and/or the participants in various payments systems and processors and coordinates with the BSA/AML and OFAC teams.
The Director of Digital Services is responsible for identifying the compliance, regulatory and technical risks for both banking as a service initiatives and key digital partnerships. The Director works closely with Vendor Risk Management and other areas of Enterprise Risk Management.
- Identify, assess, and develop monitoring to ensure compliance with laws, rules and regulations governing Sterling’s products and services, delivered through online channel. Develop policies that address the key laws and regulations applicable.
- Monitor developments and analyze or coordinate analysis of new or proposed rules and regulations affecting the bank’s online services including banking and lending products. Coordinate with Compliance Risk and Governance to identify risks and controls needed for savings products and services and lending products and services.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive privacy programs to address consumer protection and commercial confidentiality requirements. Coordinate with Information Security and Digital Services Technology groups to ensure coverage of compliance and develop and advices on control requirements.
- Lead the design and execution of comprehensive compliance risk assessment of the Bank’s digital services including current service and products and stay abreast of emerging technologies and product developments separate from the bank.
- Develop and communicate reports summarizing Compliance oversight activities of the Direct Banking Solutions program, results of risk assessments and reviews, and highlight changes to key laws, rules and regulations impacting Sterling products and services to senior and executive management and to Board-level committees.
- Coordinate to ensure the bank is prepared for Compliance examinations by gathering all relevant information, supporting the regulatory examination staff and providing relevant information, and addressing promptly issues identified and communicated during the course of the review or examination.
- Assist the line of business in the comprehensive oversight and monitoring of Sterling’s managed program vendor responsible for the delivery of relevant technology and online services.
- Determine relative bank Compliance training requirements for Bank colleagues and the Direct Banking Solutions group.
Who We Want
- For this position, you must have at least 10 years of experience as a compliance officer or in a compliance management position in an online banking role in a major bank, technology or fintech company.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- Familiarity with concepts, tools, and solutions used by digital financial services teams such as application development protocols, cloud-based solutions, and user experience and user interface (UX/UI) design/development processes.
- Broad knowledge of consumer protection law, bank secrecy act, and regulatory guidance related to electronic banking and digital services.
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Knowledge of banking products and services
- Effective decision-maker