Develop and own the product strategy and execution of Digital web properties across our client's events to drive revenue, operational efficiencies and customer retention & satisfaction. Passionate about building experiences driven by customer insights and data, leveraging the latest product management techniques and best practices. Deliver compelling and innovative solutions for the attendees and exhibitors and internal business units that drive profitable revenue and align with corporate strategy. Contribute to growth strategy, participating in and leading new and incremental business opportunities, developing new offerings and products to proactively meet and exceed client/customer needs. Global product responsibility. You will have Agile techniques and would be great if you had Lean startup methodologies!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, manage and own digital web product strategy, lifecycle and roadmap and a mobile first mentality.
- Propose, define and lead development and delivery of scalable platforms with an eye to minimal viable product.
- Continuously increasing delivery velocity, by reducing user-story complexity, while still meeting stakeholder expectations.
- Identify business value and create business cases (cost/benefit analysis) to secure adequate internal funding and support for proposed initiatives.
- Conduct customer research and track industry trends to continue digital solutions set for attendees and exhibitors.
- Collaborate with Insights teams to establish clear digital measurement and metrics coupled with ongoing tracking.
- Conduct build vs. buy analyses as needed and provide recommendation(s).
- Gather requirements from stakeholders, write user stories, prioritize for Engineering, review use cases to ensure compliance.
- Collaborate across the product, engineering, creative, analytics and business teams on a regular basis.
- Develop and negotiate partnerships with third party agencies, data providers, technology partners and other vendors who will help execute product initiatives.
- Nurture relationships with business leaders, sales leaders and prospective/current clients to identify and scope potential sales opportunities.
- Participate in Agile and Lean Startup product development by fulfilling the Product Owner role.
- Manage product managers and/or contractors to help support varying deliverables and their relationships with key stakeholders. Coach and mentor the team to ensure you are helping to contribute to their career growth as well as ensuring there is clarity on roles and responsibilities both within the team and with partnering teams (i.e. Engineering, Creative, etc.).
- Ideally 10+ years of professional related work experience, or Master's degree and 8+ years.
- Experience and expertise in writing, messaging and planning.
- Excellent client service, relationship management and executive presentation skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented operational manager who has experience working in an agile, matrixed environment.
- Entrepreneurial mentality – ability to build relationships and profitable products that generate revenue.
- Strong leadership and talent management skills, experience successfully mentoring, leading and developing a strong and growing department or division.
- Translate business requirements to technical requirements and report back to the business on progress in a simple and concise manner.