about the team
The Director of Digital Product Management will lead the product strategy team for lululemon digital commerce across Web, Mobile Applications and Omni-channel. Reporting directly to the SVP Global Digital Technology, this leader will play a key role in defining our product vision, roadmap and product priorities. They will also be responsible for building and managing a structured product portfolio management process and framework, collaborating closely with the Director of Digital Portfolio Management. This director level role will have responsibility to drive execution of our overall global digital product roadmap.
- Develops short and long-range product and service strategies and plans.
- Works cross-functionally with all business groups to understand emerging customer and business trends that require enhancements or new product features to be developed.
- Defines and prioritizes the digital commerce product development roadmap with a strong product portfolio management and analytical approach.
- Develops budgets for specified business units/product lines and is accountable for delivering against business goals/objectives.
- Works in a matrixed project and product-driven organization with the ability to flex product team to both models. Works to balance focus on product objectives and enterprise project objectives.
- Makes recommendations for the formulation of the strategies and operating plans of the specified area of responsibility, then, based on prevailing conditions executes or adjusts the operating plans.
- Brings a strong financial and business discipline to roadmap prioritization and performs pre/post launch analysis of each product driving team financial accountability for results. Sets financial, operational and quality objectives for the unit or product line and develops master operational plans.
- Leads execution (scope, requirements definition and delivery) of top strategic product initiatives.
- Shares highly complex information related to areas of expertise. Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Builds and enhances key internal and external contacts.
- Oversees and directs the work of a high-performing team of product managers and analysts. Obtains and allocates resources to meet operating plans. Ensures the ongoing training and development of direct reports. Develops and mentors staff through onboarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years’ experience of product management in technology and/or retail industry, directly or through consulting engagements.
- Experience working in a project/product matrixed organization at a major retailer
- At least 4 years’ experience in consumer-facing online commerce.
- At least 4 years’ experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Experience in managing a diverse and creative group of individuals and leading and influencing change.
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time
- Experience with successfully managing large department budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to build constructive business and IT relationships and gain the trust of others in a cross-functional environment.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and operating under tight time constraints with a strong sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, negotiation and presentational. Must be able to communicate technical and project management concepts in business-oriented terms.
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for your life.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka don't take yourselves too seriously.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. lululemon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that lululemon equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.