Lands’ End® is a classic American lifestyle brand with a passion for quality, legendary service, real value and a simple two-word promise to stand behind everything it sells: Guaranteed. Period.® Lands’ End delivers timeless style for Men, Women, Kids and the Home. With over 50 years of experience, Lands’ End is renowned for its culture of service for the customer and is recognized as an innovator in the industry. Lands’ End is publicly traded and listed on NASDAQ under the trading symbol (LE).
Lands’ End is seeking a Director of Digital Merchandising and Operations for our B2C organization. The successful candidate will be highly entrepreneurial, thrive on collaboration, and possess a holistic and deep understanding of the elements of a profitable e-commerce operation, including site experience, merchandising, content, digital marketing and analytics, client engagement, conversion, and retention, order fulfillment and logistics, and the technical aspects of website management. The role will actively collaborate with cross-functional partners in Marketing, Merchandising, Planning, IT, and Operations to optimize processes and provide insights that will drive sales across all channels of the business. Must have a business owner’s mindset, continuously seeking out new initiatives that will increase sales and further LE.com overall strategic direction. Accountable to drive sales results via usable content, on-site search, consumer friendly taxonomy and a rapid path to a best-in-class Lands’ End product page. The Director, Digital Merchandise and Operations understands that the retail industry is constantly evolving, and that competition is everywhere. He/she is not attached to “what we did last year,” and takes action based on current & emerging customer digital trends. An effective Director, Digital Merchandise and Operations is always pushing Lands’ End forward, and is ruthlessly passionate on behalf of the customer. This position reports to the SVP, eCommerce for Lands’ End.
Lands’ End Strategic Initiatives
- Lead the strategy & execution of a terrific Lands’ End customer’s shopping experience via merchandising the product catalog in order to drive customer engagement, increase conversion and optimize search relevancy on all device types
- Actively build and maintain relationships with Merchant, Marketing, Creative, Product Management & IT teams
- Lead digital planning and development of seasonal strategies, promotional events, site enhancements and product launches. Use data analytics to track performance to goals and benchmarks and identify opportunities for business development across segments of the Company.
- Embraces regular quantitative & qualitative testing as a means to understand the Lands’ End customer. Champions iterative change as the fastest path to improved shopping experiences.
- Possess a clear understanding of customer decision making tree and integrate key attributes into content design
Digital Optimization & Execution
- Responsible for managing, overseeing and improving daily eCommerce business processes. Is the process advocate for the eCommerce department; implements process changes designed to enable the scaling of the business while collaborating with all facets of the business to ensure that recommended changes promote efficiency and excellence.
- Identify, plan, build and maintain the customer’s digital path to purchase Lands’ End merchandise. Including, but not limited to: homepage, emails, and promotions.
- Drive site personalization and segmentation strategy to create a relevant, value-added, personal, and engaging customer experience.
- Ensure digital content & marketing is prioritized, accurate and up-to-date. Maintain data integrity for entire product catalog and identify process efficiencies
- Activate on selling strategies by collaborating cross functionally to maximize site sales potential, site conversion and customer satisfaction
- Build, manage, and maintain relationships with third parties, vendors, and online partners. Keep up to date with evolving online media and technology trends. Explore new and effective products or enhancements that will improve site experience, drive process efficiency and generate revenue and profits.
Management of Associates
- Capitalize on everyday on-the-job opportunities to coach Associates to use their strengths to perform at their best
- Encourage and recognize Associates’ commitment to self-development
- Maintain an open and trusting team environment; communicate clear consistent goals for the team
- Encourage, support, and ensure up- to-date training, resources, and application of all relevant systems/technology in the Ecommerce industry
- 10+years of strategic e-commerce management experiencerequired,preferably within an omni-channel apparel or specialty retailer.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology field and preferably MBA or equivalent body of experience
- Inspirational leader, someone who stretches thinking and has a positive ‘can-do’ attitude. Must be extremely adept with communication, facilitation, cooperation, negotiation and collaboration to achieve results through others. History of success working both independently and as a member of a cross-functional team on multiple concurrent projects
- Must be able to optimize a customer’s digital experience by proficiently leveraging Digital tools such as Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics, Endeca Experience Manager, MDM/PIM product catalog attribution tools. High proficiency in Microsoft Office. Demonstrated understanding of internet technology and protocols from a technical and business perspective including an understanding of digital content & asset management, design tools, and standard internet protocols.
- Effective decision making, strong analytical and creative problem solving skills. Adept at extracting meaningful insights from multiple sources of data
- Strategic planner that possesses global vision and can communicate well with leaders and associates in every discipline. Can speak with & influence Merchant & Marketing partners as comfortably as IT & Operations partners